The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd hand engines

Guest Budz86

Not sure if this belongs in this section so mod's feel free to move if you want.

A friend told me about this website and it seems like a half decent company. They are based in Canada so shipping and import tax would apply (not sure how tax is calculated on this sort of purchase)

Anyway, just thought I'd post to see if anyone has any thoughts on them and the stuff they sell.

www.tigerjapanese.com

Edited by Budz86
forgot to include the website! doh! (see edit history)

If you read the policy etc. It states that they are unable to verify milage for any of the engines. They say an estimated mileage for the engine is worked out on the age of the vehicle x the average jap drivers annual mileage. What they do say is that most units are between 30,000 and 60,000 (cant remember if it was miles or KM) either way thats not bad. Just look at the pictures, the engines look tidy, but I wonder if they undertake any tests on each engine to make sure there is no internal damage??

If you read the policy etc. It states that they are unable to verify milage for any of the engines. They say an estimated mileage for the engine is worked out on the age of the vehicle x the average jap drivers annual mileage. What they do say is that most units are between 30,000 and 60,000 (cant remember if it was miles or KM) either way thats not bad. Just look at the pictures, the engines look tidy, but I wonder if they undertake any tests on each engine to make sure there is no internal damage??

Sounds pretty rubbish to me