The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new update vid of supra

123tom123tom

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtv7xlDKhA

I have took the car out today just up the road and back and run it with some boost.

I took all afr's in to consideration when doing this and ran it at 0.5bar.

I HAVE QUITE LITRALLY SHAT MYSELF. It is a totally different feeling to twins at BPU even at .5 bar.

Sorry about the camera angle etc but i havent made a stand at the minute and the knocking is the boot rubbers.

Can not wait for the 650cc and the mapping to take place, the sound is unreal.

You cant tell from the video but it was quite a snakey drive aswell, think some better rubber is needed to wrap the wheels in.:D:d:d:)

it is a T61, with power it produces at .5bar i think i might only get it mapped to 1.4bar, am no wuss when it comes to speed and fast cars but this is just something different.

I nearly did sh!t myself it is brilliant.

I thought when i went BPU it was fast but this is........ well you single owners will know mind blowing:)

Sounds very nice.

I wouldnt use the camera services of that midget again mind.

yeahi had a slight problem with that:p.

i just rested it on the back seat in the middle with the strap on the cam wrapped round the seat belt.

Never mind am sure there will be loads more oppotunities for me to film it, without the midget

:D

Get some track videos.

You have any plans for fitting RLTC? Would help in nailing down that power with 6% odd slip. Sometimes when exiting a deserted roundabout i test the RLTC, and suddenly it hits in - its like being on launch control.

RLTC not really looked into it, dont no much about thatside of things, all i know is i can not stand the supra's oem slip control, i always have it off. It does my head in:p

It'll become far, far smoother power delivery once it's got the fueling, ECU and map done. Mine was much the same beforehand, but after Ryan did his magic the power delivery was much smoother, though still mind blowing 'pinned to the seat' feeling while the boost is building.

You just wait until you get it to 1.4 car and try a WOT from a rolling start :D It's a brown trouser moment every time the first few weeks ;)

It'll become far, far smoother power delivery once it's got the fueling, ECU and map done. Mine was much the same beforehand, but after Ryan did his magic the power delivery was much smoother, though still mind blowing while the boost is building.

You just wait until you get it to 1.4 car and try a WOT from a rolling start :D It's brown trouser moment every time the first few weeks ;)

thats the thing i cant find anyone who will map the car round my area, finding it really hard to just get some one lined up to do it and do it right:(

he said he wouldnt about 2month ago, he said he hasnt had much experience with emanage blue, it was more ian c's field:)

Ahah, forgot you had that, I expect thats the real problem. Might be worth another chat to see if you can convince him as Ian C no longer maps.

iwant about 520-550bhp dont know if that is too ambitious am sure some one will let me know

A T67dbb on a tubular manifold, stock internals and stand alone ECU seems to max at 545bhp at the flywheel (JamieP and my old car are more or less same spec engine and boost wise and both got 545 at SRR). Both are very early spoolers, but most of that is down to the ECU and mapping.

A T67dbb on a tubular manifold, stock internals and stand alone ECU seems to max at 545bhp at the flywheel (JamieP and my old car are more or less same spec engine and boost wise and both got 545 at SRR). Both are very early spoolers, but most of that is down to the ECU and mapping.

I would agree my T67dbb was mapped by Ryan and made 577 at the fly but on a different RR so probably very similar in reality. Might be ambitious target for the T61.