The mkiv Supra Owners Club

no confidence

TRACIE_LOU

in the past few months i have lost all confidence in the supras abillity to keep me safe, several times now its bit me in the ass coming of roundabouts ,now considering its an auto na and im not booting it out ,the rear end keeps stepping out so far ive been lucky and caught it. my previous car was the honda ctr which i had total confidence in and in three years it never once bit me even though i drove it like a maniac :). is there a suspension upgrade that anyone can recomend that dont cost too much that will sort this ,its stock at the moment

by the way it wasnt wet :D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would if it was a tt just seems stupid that it steps out at 20/30mph surely the supra handles better than that ? this is a major problem as children also travel in it from time to time,so no way can we go tt if i cant sort it :D

Somethng definately wrong at that speed.

defo something wrong with your car. The NA is powerful, but not seriously powerful to make the car flick out that often.

I would get the tyre pressures checked, check the condition and age of the tyres and then look at suspension components. If a shock is gone on one side it could throw the car off.

could be m8 didnt think it was right any suggestions on good place to take for check will travel

Chris Wilson without any shadow of a doubt will tell you the problem. He's whitchurch way so not too far, though if he may well want the car for a couple of days or so. Hed tell you though obviously:)

Its not the Supra design its a problem with your set up, I would say a combination of poor rubber and a problem with a shock, bush or geo set up

im sure your right on the rubber side cant comment on set up as i know nothing about it but sure there is something not right, it drives straight seems to hold ok on sweeping bends but not tried it at high speeds for obvious reasons:d

Tell me what make, model and size tyres are on it, and what make, width and offset wheels. I can drive it for 5 minutes up the road FOC and tell you if it's tyres or suspension or what if you fetch it over at an agreed time. Sounds like a tyre issue to me. What other RWD cars have you had, they are very different to FWD ones!!

Actually, I will say that my current Supe gave me no confidence when I first got it, but it turned out to be bad geometry. I can boot it in 2nd gear on a damp road and it's rare that I'll get any slip now - and if I do it'll be predicatable and as controllable as is possible. And I have 460bhp at the wheels.

I'm sure whatever is up, it can be fixed. :)

Tell me what make, model and size tyres are on it, and what make, width and offset wheels. I can drive it for 5 minutes up the road FOC and tell you if it's tyres or suspension or what if you fetch it over at an agreed time. Sounds like a tyre issue to me. What other RWD cars have you had, they are very different to FWD ones!!

rear tyres are 265/35zr/18 97w front 235/40zr/18 97w

make wanl never heard of them dont know the offset keron supplied so assume there correct. i admit ive never had a rear wheel drive before but its happened to trace and she dosnt drive it as fast as me lol

im off all next week if you can fit us in m8