The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bonnet vent covers

Guest dannyboy107

Guest dannyboy107

Ok just a little question needed to be answered and your thoughts maybe.

My supra's bonnet has vents cut out of it. To stop rain/water coming in which ive tried looking for possible solutions and as the bonnet is the stock one i dont have any rain gaurds/trays.

Dont want to buy a new bonnet yet as will need to get it sprayed etc

so my solution i thought could be to put perspex underneath the vents only but my worry is how hot does it get under the bonnet as perspex doesnt melt til around 130-140 oC im just taking a wild guess it doesnt get that hot under there does it?

Any light on this matter would be great or if someone else has a better solution im all ears.

Cheers all

Ok just a little question needed to be answered and your thoughts maybe.

My supra's bonnet has vents cut out of it. To stop rain/water coming in which ive tried looking for possible solutions and as the bonnet is the stock one i dont have any rain gaurds/trays.

Dont want to buy a new bonnet yet as will need to get it sprayed etc

so my solution i thought could be to put perspex underneath the vents only but my worry is how hot does it get under the bonnet as perspex doesnt melt til around 130-140 oC im just taking a wild guess it doesnt get that hot under there does it?

Any light on this matter would be great or if someone else has a better solution im all ears.

Cheers all

You worry to much mate i drove it around just fine like that. Most of the TRD bonnets have no drip trays unless they are Orignal fit. Perspex would be ok but then the vents wouldnt vent.