The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay aux belts?

hadyn

Anyone had any experience of 'cheapo' auxillary belts on egay etc like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-ALTERNATOR-BELT_W0QQitemZ380067367989QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item380067367989&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

As the toyota oem belt is 60 odd quid, is this one likely to snap very quickly????!

i brought a cheap one and my tt supe shreaded it so then i just went out and brought one from toyota and all is good now, so i would say just get one from toyota cant beat oem parts think mine cost me about £50
Could have just been a fitting problem.

No way would you have to pay more than about £30.

Could have just been a fitting problem.

No way would you have to pay more than about £30.

i think they may have gave me the wrong belt because it was very very tight so yes i paid £50 for one from toyota because i wanted the right one and cant be bothered to mess around with cheap ones

I brought that belt from ebay and its been excellent, when I brought the car it had a new toyota belt fitted and it squeeled and made some funny sounds, I brought this belt to replace it to see if it was indeed the belt or my waterpump. It went straight on, quiet as a mouse ever since, the new toyota one looked in perfect nick too, very odd. I keep the toyota one inthe boot as an emergency now :)

60 quid for oem one, thats ludicris

i got mine in a complete cam belt kit that cost about 60quid inc tensioners

New tensioner as well as the belt at that price? I am only asking as I just got pwned for a new tensioner, and it was a tad pricier than the OEM belt on its own (even Blueprint direct don't seem to do cheap aux tensioners). Great if you can get it! Wish I knew about it at the time!? With the tensioner, you do mean the whole unit? (big thing that bolts into the front of the block, not just the tension wheel?).