The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA performance upgrades??

3LL

Well I recently bought my NA Auto. It has a full zorst' system on it, and as far as im aware thats about it with regards power increase.. what im after are a few suggestions i can crack on with, to get a few more bhp out of it.. its currently at 246 but would love to get it up to around 300 - 350 over time.

Anyways, for now given my lack of a few grand to turbo it, i thought i would see if there is anything else It could benefit from? It has the standard airfilter on at present, but im not sure putting an aftermarket one on it will increase performance as it gets bloody hot under there and warm air never really does any good!

So, any suggestions, other than a single or twin conversion! or anything else that costs thousands to do! lol

:cool:

Edited by 3LL (see edit history)

Concentrate on going around corners faster and stopping quicker - make it faster point to point rather than hoping it will suddenly get quicker in a straight line, for that you need a turbo.

Lots of older threads where NA owners have come along wanting more, there are even some where they have insisted they will show us it can be done, I don't recall anyone getting beyond the basics without going NA-T or dropping in a TT lump.

fair enough, ill read a few bits n bobs, sorry to drag a topic up from death! lol .. should of really had a look i suppose before asking!!

:D

its not that im unhappy, i just want a little project of a few things to do over winter to the car thats all :D

anyways, plenty of time to save up for a tt next year or so.. might forget this for time being if its really a case of all or nothing with regards cash layout! Can always concentrate on other things :D lol

cheers anyways guys :D