The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra's a write off :-(

fri3ndly

However they have offered me max £6500 for her which is quite good.

I can buy it back from Salvage at £1950.

Just wondering if its worth it and how much parts of my car could be sold here for?

Full spec:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=159126

Crash Damage:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=163166&page=2

Edited by fri3ndly (see edit history)

You wanted to sell for £6500, they have offered £6500... seems like an easy way to move on.

If you have the skill / time / space to break it you should be able to get your money back but it might take a while to flog all the little bits once things like the engine have gone.

I do want another Supra but I am looking for a car I can take to work every day now and still enjoy driving a bit, so will probably get an RX8 or Civic Type R

I think I will just take the money, I would probably make a grand or so, but the hassle might not make it worth the while and plus seeing bits of my beloved car dissapearing probably wouldnt make me feel that great!

I do want another Supra but I am looking for a car I can take to work every day now and still enjoy driving a bit, so will probably get an RX8 or Civic Type R

I think I will just take the money, I would probably make a grand or so, but the hassle might not make it worth the while and plus seeing bits of my beloved car dissapearing probably wouldnt make me feel that great!

I reckon there's about £2.5k's worth of damage there, buy it back and repair it.

I would go for the Type R then as the RX8 is a bit thirsty on the fuel consumption, probably no better than a TT.

Or and I am biased, a S14a 200sx my one (spec in Sig) still returns me 30mpg and if I drive carefully 35mpg, decent boot space and is still RWD. And for £6500 you will be able to pick up a mint one for that or a good one for half your budget.

Edited by jamesmark (see edit history)

Sorry to hear that buddy :(. Have a good think about buying it back and breaking it, unless you have alot of spare time and the space to do it, it could turn out to be PITA. If it were me i'd take the money and get the car I was going to get after i'd sold the Supra.

Well hun, seems your pretty much decided deep down. To be honest, I don't think many of us could face having to personally break their own supra if worse came to worse.....unless your a mechanic :) you probably would get your money back and maybe a bit more but.....:shrug:

It would be easier to let go and move on, keep all the money to get a decent car. If you bought it back you would have less to spend on its replacement.

Feel for you whichever way you go :(

Lxx