The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod - No 1/4 mile runs

GazB

:(

Can't do any runs on Saturday :cry: my clutch problems at Shakey last weekend seem more serious that first thought.

After a fluid change and system bleed all works well other than one of the clutch plates will not seperate :( plates also look very worn.

A rather expensive clutch (GD Clutch Pro 2 Plate)£935 + fitting, about 1000 mile road use and 100 1/4 mile runs.

Works out more expensive than my tyres.

Going to send clutch off to HKS and see what they say, they recommended the unit after being told usage and power levels, i'm hoping a refurb kit is available.

They may suggest putting a 3 plate clutch in.

The cars now gone in garage for winter work to start, new brakes, roll bar etc and fix the clutch.

I was offered an AC Cobra to use last night but turned it down as i don't fancy breaking it and having 2 cars to mend :D

So the motorhome and Supra will not be making an appearance but i shall still be coming down to see you all.

Not a fan of HKS clutches here, but like Nic says you can buy the bits seperate fingers crossed the bill isn't too big :)

If they can't sell me a system that will last longer than this one has i'll be changing suppliers, may be you could recommend and supply me one?

As you would expect i'm a bit pi*sed off with a clutch last such a short time, it's not the easiest part to keep messing with labour wise. It's performed well all year and i've put up with the annoying rattling. Just wanted to run this Saturday and then start winter work :)

Grumble grumble :)

If they can't sell me a system that will last longer than this one has i'll be changing suppliers, may be you could recommend and supply me one?

As you would expect i'm a bit pi*sed off with a clutch last such a short time, it's not the easiest part to keep messing with labour wise. It's performed well all year and i've put up with the annoying rattling. Just wanted to run this Saturday and then start winter work :)

Grumble grumble :)

RPS Carbon/Carbon.

Been in our car for 4 years, done several hundred drag runs and never ever went wrong. They come with a no quibble 1st year warranty - anything goes wrong and it gets replaced FOC.

Its pricey though but it will last longer than the HKS.

Best Regards,

Gaz.

RPS Carbon/Carbon.

Been in our car for 4 years, done several hundred drag runs and never ever went wrong. They come with a no quibble 1st year warranty - anything goes wrong and it gets replaced FOC.

Its pricey though but it will last longer than the HKS.

Best Regards,

Gaz.

pm me a price please Gaz :)

:(

Can't do any runs on Saturday :cry: my clutch problems at Shakey last weekend seem more serious that first thought.

After a fluid change and system bleed all works well other than one of the clutch plates will not seperate :( plates also look very worn.

A rather expensive clutch (GD Clutch Pro 2 Plate)£935 + fitting, about 1000 mile road use and 100 1/4 mile runs.

Works out more expensive than my tyres.

Going to send clutch off to HKS and see what they say, they recommended the unit after being told usage and power levels, i'm hoping a refurb kit is available.

They may suggest putting a 3 plate clutch in.

The cars now gone in garage for winter work to start, new brakes, roll bar etc and fix the clutch.

I was offered an AC Cobra to use last night but turned it down as i don't fancy breaking it and having 2 cars to mend :D

So the motorhome and Supra will not be making an appearance but i shall still be coming down to see you all.

What are you doing with your ticket Gaz??:eyebrows:

H.

Let me know if you sell just the participant bit or that AND the spectator bit you bought, if it's the latter you'll need to pay £5 on the gate to get in, if it's the former I'll just update the list to cope. :)

Steve, I have pm'd Gaz for the ticket. Do you have the tickets or is it just a name o the list jobby??

H.