The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Rebuild

dayosupra

Hi my mate did a full engine rebuild on his R32 Gtr engined Skyline full of upgraded parts cams,HKS turbines,pistons,rods,bearings etc etc,he dosnt take short cuts and a good mechanic,broke it in about 1000km.

Last weekend the big ends went:(Knock knock

He striped it down cant seem to see why,hes thinking maybe the

ACL bearings he used were the wrong size they didnt come with any measurements

My problem is iv put ACL bearings in my engine they were the only real ones i could find handy got them from eBay,car has a full rebuild with ugrade turbo,cams etc etc and its just ready to start and breaking in.

I dont think ACL bearings come with exact sizes for your cranks?:search:im praying they will be ok

Any sugestions

4507829210a5173829711l.jpg

4507829210a5173285194l.jpg

Whatever bearings are used you must at the very least measure the clearance with plastigauge. You should measure the crank journal and bearing bore with a micrometer/bore gauge really to be more accurate.

You can't just bung things in, see if the crank turns and hope for the best!