The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woo Hoo car is finally running.

marc_p

For the first time since june/july my car is finally running properly, even got to take it for a small blast tonight, so I will be at Supra pod:D, it's just got it's MOT tomorrow and the garage reckon it will fly through.

Basically the story goes as follows

1st: Crank pulley went.

Had it back 1 day

2nd: I had overheating problems.

Had it back 1 day

3rd The Flywheel went.

Had it back 1 day

4th The crank went.

Had new engine fitted but still a problem (although not as bad)

5th After replacing a lot of parts it turned out that the Pressure plate was knacked.

So hopefully it will be running for more than a day this time as it has had the following:

New engine

New radiator

New Crank pulley

New Gearbox mounting

New flywheel

New clutch

2 New Pressure plates

3 new Flywheels

So a big thanks to Keron firstly, the engine is running beatifully and was swapped very quickly at a very good price, I was very impressed. I would also like to thank cracknells garage who have done a lot of overtime on the car to make sure I had the car for Suprapod and must have taken my gearbox off at least 7-8 times.

Oh and thanks to Dazzi for taking me on the Lakes run when I had no car and also a big thanks to Hoff and the Jamie's for letting me follow the convoy in a civic:d

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow night, give it wash and then take it for a good blast through the dales :D

All "new" parts, you must have spent a few bob.

Well the engine was the only thing that was second hand although it was reasonably low mileage (50k or 60k) But the rest was all new Toyota parts so there has been a fair bit of money changing hands I can tell you that.

Why did you need 3 new flywheels?

It had a new one when the flywheel originally went, then when the crank went it had a new one as we thought it might be that, then after it had the engine replaced and there was still a vibration so it was replaced again.

Sweet all good...;) you must be well chuffed...hope it stays that way for you too.

Good luck buddy....time to burn some rubber now!

I'm scared to put my foot down incase it breaks again :D

Well done mate. You must be excited about getting her back.

If she does break down on you again, at least your wheels look really cool :sly:

That's what I kept saying to myself while I was waiting for the towtruck :D