The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Breakdown!

SimonT

I went to start my car this evening at work and found that it wouldnt start!!

So i joined the RAC as i then realised that my membership had run out!!!:banghead:

Anyway the guy turns up and after 20 mins of fiddling around and testing bits he starts it!:D

However, he said there was no fuel pressure and that the most likely thing is that my fuel pump is sticking.

Is this is a common issue as he said it would be most likely to re-occur but you just dont know when??!!

Any ideas anybody or should i just change the pump?

An alarm issue??.....

The immobiliser works by cutting the fuel supply so the engine won't start. If the alarm is faulty it could be kicking in and preventing the fuel getting through....i think thats what Daryl means :D

Wouldn't hurt to check if the starter motor is working OK and your battery has a full charge.

L

It doesnt seemed to be fuel starved when its driving as there is no stutters or splutters or anything like that.

Whats the life of a Walbro Pump as ive already got one on the car and to be honest i dont think its very old but will have to dig out the receipt!

Ive found one for £74.00 at http://www.jp4mance.co.uk but dont know if they are a trusted webpage or if anybody on here had bought anything from them before?

Edited by SimonT (see edit history)