The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi Turbo's...

SilverSoop

If you dont mind me asking whats the mileage of your car? Why so many problems if it was only imported in the last couple of years and is a late model? How bad are your turbos?

My Supe has 86k now but had 81.5k on the clock which I have the mileage confirmation when I bought the car, but anyway, I have alot of oil coming out of the BOV

and into the Intercooler. You see the oil because it was starting to appear out of the end of my BOV hose which is connected to the turbo outlet pipe...

Basically I think it is a combination of the HKS mushroom filter that when I took it apart, I found a large amount of silt in the intake pipe.

That couldn't of done the turbo's any good plus the fact of 8 boost leaks that I had from my vac hose lines which have now all been replaced...

I thought something was up when I saw the oil so I took her to James at Toyota GT, where he did a leak down test which confirmed that both

of the Turbo's are on the way out. No1 is alot worse than No2 but nonetheless, both nees replacing...:(

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

Phew!! :)

I remember someone telling me a while ago that the VVTi turbo's are different to the Pre-Facelift's...

At least that's been cleared up, thanks again Nic...:D ;)

The VVTi and non VVTi turbos have different part numbers, so there may be some differences. The original non-VVTi turbos have now been discontinued and the EPC now lists the VVTi turbos parts number as an alternative.

The VVTi and non VVTi turbos have different part numbers, so there may be some differences. The original non-VVTi turbos have now been discontinued and the EPC now lists the VVTi turbos parts number as an alternative.

Oh ok because I *think* the turbo's that I was looking at was from a '96 supe which has covered 70k..

I'd say keep looking around unless you can get them checked out by someone first. 70k turbos won't be long until you add the miles to it and *might* start having issues again...

but then again loads of people have had no issues with their's long after that mileage

I'd say keep looking around unless you can get them checked out by someone first. 70k turbos won't be long until you add the miles to it and *might* start having issues again...

but then again loads of people have had no issues with their's long after that mileage

Im going to get them from Keron and he said that they have no damage and have covered 60k not 70k like I first thought...

He is going to bring them to Suprapod so that I can take a look at them aswell...:)