The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction Control

nige

Hey guys how do you find the auto's with the traction control switched of I know it will be scary in the wet but what about the dry anything to look out for? running BPU.

Hahahahahahahaha Whaaahahh hahh ahahh hahhahhahhahha

Just got something to tell you dude. Unless you have an LSD, the slip control button really does not seem to make a diference....I am speaking from personal expeirence, as I lost mine on a corner..in the DRY with the slip control ON and it still stepped out.....have a look at the Shes coming along thread....and you will get the picture....:D

lolololll

Hahahahahahahaha Whaaahahh hahh ahahh hahhahhahhahha

Just got something to tell you dude. Unless you have an LSD, the slip control button really does not seem to make a diference....I am speaking from personal expeirence, as I lost mine on a corner..in the DRY with the slip control ON and it still stepped out.....have a look at the Shes coming along thread....and you will get the picture....:D

lolololll

LOL yeh got LSD so it should be fun then?

auto with an LSD here and i leave mine off. The only difference with it on is in the rain or if your pulling away from a junction fairly fast, it kicks in and leaves you looking very silly while it limits the engine for a couple of seconds which feel more like hours when your sat in the middle of the road with everyone looking at you.

Lost mine on a roundabout with Traction control off in the wet - put it this way the gut in the Subura STi was p ...ssing himself laughing!

Yeh but he's got stabalisers aint he,LoL.

I'am going to the Isle of Man at the end of the month with the supra and thought it might be interesting to try it with Tracky off,solid snakes going to in his supra so maybe let him test the water first;)

personally i always drive with mine off, unless its weather where i know i wont need to accelerate too much, I find it holds back after the gear change from 1st to 2nd, driving with it off feels alot more quicker.

As for when its on, it feels dangerous to me, as when it does slip out i use power to correct it or control it, but when it cuts the power your left with nothing to work with.

I find it dangerous dont know if anyone else catches what im saying ????

personally i always drive with mine off, unless its weather where i know i wont need to accelerate too much, I find it holds back after the gear change from 1st to 2nd, driving with it off feels alot more quicker.

As for when its on, it feels dangerous to me, as when it does slip out i use power to correct it or control it, but when it cuts the power your left with nothing to work with.

I find it dangerous dont know if anyone else catches what im saying ????

Yeh had that happen try to correct it and no power I found it throws you the opposite way sort of fishtales you.

Anyone mind if I start a book on which of these guys hits some diesel/suffers kickdown first?

I might be alone in thinking this but if your going hard enough to loose the car after hitting a patch of diesel with the traction off, I really dont think having traction on is going to make to much difference as all it does is cut the power which most people will automatically do when it starts sliding about anyway.

No Diesel needed for me. The Supra being no spring chicken, requires a bit more respect than a Scooby, which has management and 4 wheel drive to keep you on the road.

Put it this way, when it goes, it goes and no amount of skill will keep you on the road.

Won't do it again and to be honest was suprised i did it this time. Rush of blood and trying to be berty big b....x and failed, wouln't have minded if it had been a Evo or GTR behind me but a Chav waggon of all cars - sure he was straight on the net to tell the tale!

Facelift trac/slip-cont is much better.

When I had a UK car, I used to turn it off religiously, and I even started enquiring about a device which would switch it off for me every time the car started (didn't want to pull trac fuse).

Now I have a Jap car, facelift, I find it much better. It kicks in pretty quickly, and although it robs a chunk of power, it doesn't rob *all* power like it did in the UK car. The most notable difference though is that it's much quicker to respond. I often get a little flicker of the slip light just to warn me, but don't feel any change to the power.

It still won't help if I hoon it around a bend in the wet of course, but then I doubt anything would.

The upshot is that in my UK car I used to turn it off, and in my facelift Jap car I leave it on.