The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thought I would stick some pics up!!!

123tom123tom

Well am still trying to find a job but in the mean time whilst been bored i thought i would finish some little bits on the supra and post some pics,

I know how much people like Pic's on here.

I had a sheet of aluminium in the shed so i made that heat sheild for the turbo/surrounding area. A bit make shift but will do the job i think until i get a new job and can buy one lol:p

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00171.JPG

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

looks good mate, was thingin about making a heat shield for my induction kit but wasnt sure what to put around the edges, is that vacuum hose split and put round the edge? because thats what i was going to use lol

Actually its funny you mention that, but I was considering making a box section to go around my induction filter, with a cut out meshed part on the bonnet, to seal upto the box section...

looks good mate, was thingin about making a heat shield for my induction kit but wasnt sure what to put around the edges, is that vacuum hose split and put round the edge? because thats what i was going to use lol

yeah mate it is a bit of vacuum hose want ted to use black but didnt have any, you think it looks ok or should i bin it and save for a proper heat sheild/blanket;)

Good going fella, nearly there :)

Couple of things..

If you're not lagging the turbo really consider swapping that plastic breather line for something with better heat resistance. It will get seriously hot and you do not want that thing melting when under high boost (potential engine fire). It's also too high, it needs to be as horizontally as flat as possible or ideally pointing downwards towards the intake/catch can (can't see what you have from the pics)

Is that oil feed an XS power one? If so, do NOT use it and ideally, lag the line if you are not using a turbo blanket

Is that dump valve *really* secure? If there any flex on it at a standstill thing thing will fly all over the place under high load lift off.

If thats an XS power Vband clamp on the turbo/DP then you will need to change it, those things are like toffee and will split as soon as you try to put any real pressure on it.

Did you use any XS power gaskets in the hot side? If so expect them to fail very soon, only the exhaust gasket is still holding out on mine, the rest failed badly.

Thats all for now, I'm not trying to be a PITA, just wouldn't want to see someone go through all the pain/expence myself (and the new owner) had with the XS kit again.

Good going fella, nearly there :)

Couple of things..

If you're not lagging the turbo really consider swapping that plastic breather line for something with better heat resistance. It will get seriously hot and you do not want that thing melting when under high boost (potential engine fire). It's also too high, it needs to be as horizontally as flat as possible or ideally pointing downwards towards the intake/catch can (can't see what you have from the pics)

Is that oil feed an XS power one? If so, do NOT use it and ideally, lag the line if you are not using a turbo blanket

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no it is a boost logic feed and drain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Is that dump valve *really* secure? If there any flex on it at a standstill thing thing will fly all over the place under high load lift off.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yes it has a stainless tube that runs up the middle of the silicon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If thats an XS power Vband clamp on the turbo/DP then you will need to change it, those things are like toffee and will split as soon as you try to put any real pressure on it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No it isn't got this from powerflow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you use any XS power gaskets in the hot side? If so expect them to fail very soon, only the exhaust gasket is still holding out on mine, the rest failed badly.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!only XS gasket i used was for the downpipe to midpipe joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all for now, I'm not trying to be a PITA, just wouldn't want to see someone go through all the pain/expence myself (and the new owner) had with the XS kit again.

and yes it has been a pain in the ass to fit as i knew it would be lol but the result when done with time and care is, I think brilliant for the money.:)

and yes it has been a pain in the ass to fit as i knew it would be lol but the result when done with time and care is, I think brilliant for the money.:)

It was the same for me, the real costs came afterwards ;)

Just make sure your injectors and ECU are matched and not a half measure. A stand alone makes things SO much easy and (in the long run) cheaper.

BTW, any feedback on the bits above, I didn't type all that out just for amusement :D

It was the same for me, the real costs came afterwards ;)

Just make sure your injectors and ECU are matched and not a half measure. A stand alone makes things SO much easy and (in the long run) cheaper.

BTW, any feedback on the bits above, I didn't type all that out just for amusement :D

Yes you did...:D :p

Yes you did...:D :p

No, I did not!

But just realised Tom replied in the quote (btw you suck at multi-quoting :D ). All looks good, and nice to see you took all previous suggestions on board :) Will be interested to see the next (big) step in this build - mapping.