The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please answer this argument

NUTKIN

Not sure it was something i heard ages ago an i found it hard to get my head round but it was aparently true just trying to find out the details so shut me mates up.

It was something like side by side at 50mph and they both gun it then the sup has it.

There are some videos of it being done, but the cars are tuned to the max with crazy bhp, most of the videos seem to be from over in the states. Really depends on the conditions and the modifications. If you modify the bike, the car has no hope. If it's raining, maybe the bike has a tough time :) I think 600cc bikes or less are beatable with the right car, the really high power 1000cc+ bikes, well that's very tricky.

Bikes ain't so tough - I've been silly speeds vs. a few and above a ton there's not a great deal in it even for a stock Supra TT ;)

99% of bikers don't have the cahones to use them properly and that helps :D

/queue the usual bikers / bikes rules the world nonsense posts

I heard a long while ago that the sups can beat a bike side by side but cant remember what bike or details.

Thought it was r1 but not sure having major fall outs over this subject.

PLEASE HELP SETTLE IT

Maybe you're referring to the famous "Supra vs Hayabusa" video?

It wasn't a stock Supra. Might not have been a stock 'busa either, and it's from a 70mph rolling start.

WUwPBNrunYk

Search for "Walser Supra".

Edited by carl0s (see edit history)

I've raced and beaten a few bikes on 50-60 lepton pulls, don't think i've had a 1000cc bike come up yet, i expect i'd get creamed there. I know Michel has raced an R1 i think, think he "won" as well, whether that was an outright win or whether the biker bottled it first

99% of bikers don't have the cahones to use them properly and that helps :D

Exactly.... Most big thou's are bought for the pub talk and the paint scheme. Not many out there prepared to hold full throttle in the right gear for long. A 50-60 rolling start is 1st gear which would flip most born again bikers onto their rear!

The bike v car thing is all about the variables: the course, the speed and the skill(inc will to survive beyond next year) of the rider/driver. Up to 120/140 most bikes have the potential edge.

I commute on mine and I can definitely beat any car! ;)

I remember the journey home from picking up my brothers 1st R1, on the A43 I gave the Supra absolute death to a very naughty speed, my brother just popped a wheelie along side me about 400 yards long then effed off.

I did beat him on his 3rd R6 once along a twisty A road in the rain, in a 1.3 Hyundai, and his 1st R6 in the dry with the Supra, but like someone said, skill and balls count much more on a bike.