The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Progress of my wide arch placement

Guest Gaz-Szr

Guest Gaz-Szr

Hi guys, not sure if this is in the right sub forum so admins feel free to move it, but thought id show you some progress pics of my supra..:)

Okay well i decided to put a wide arch kit on my Supra on friday... sooooo instead of paying a body shop ££££ to fit them, myself and a mate have the knowledge and know how to do the job ourselves :)

We measured up and sourced everything we'd need, Body filla,selftappin screws,top stop,sealer,underseal,sand paper etc etc

Anyway on with the front arches, went on with no problem which was all good, the fiber gass moulds went on with ease

Arch on

Next was the rear arches, these didnt really fit too well, they had about half inch gap between the skirts, so some fiberglassing and filler later we mangaged to get a nice snug fit.

Next it was time to try the spacers on for the wheels, as you can see they come out quite a bit lol and unfortunately with the supra suspension running low iv had to roll the arch's to stop it from catching.

and now onto today and after some sanding down and finsihing off we are now on the closing stages of finishing it ready for a complete respray this monday.The colors im having are Lambo orange on the bottom and black on top.

Will post some pictures up once its back from the spray shop, unforuntately i cant spray or id of attempted that myself too lol.

Just thought id stick some new pics up, its been two weeks in the spray booth and its finally coming back to me on satuday (oh how iv missed it lol)

still needs compounding and polishing up i presume.

I had a picky color scheme and it follows the lines of the car spot on :D

Hope you approve, if not. Ho hum its me driving it lol :p

Edited by Gaz-Szr (see edit history)

Guest Gaz-Szr

Thank you, i'll give anything a go if it saves money :)

Yes i'll be keeping the spoiler for now, Iv been thinking of getting the TRD carbon spoiler for it instead, as iv got a carbon hood with the squares and triangles. I think its the TRD style hood?? thats coming from japan so will fit in nicely i think.

Guest Gaz-Szr

Hi jamie, yeah i did that, and as you can see on the tyre in the pic there's some chunks been taken out the rubber Doh!, So the arch's where cut and rolled up 3 inch's and after a drive again they dont seem to catch now :)

Guest Gaz-Szr

Cheers Supradoopa, thats an awesome photo of mine :D right click save as :D thanks again, i aint really got any good pics of mine :)

Im hoping the wide arch kit will make it look better :)

I like it, but then I don't, but another look says I do... Can't make my mind up :D

The final finish and geo setup is what'll make or break it. How did you get the wheels to fit - are they custom offsets or are spacers used? If so, are they hub centric and how wide?

Are you planning on getting rid of that ridiculous rear spoiler? :innocent:

Guest Gaz-Szr
I like it, but then I don't, but another look says I do... Can't make my mind up :D

The final finish and geo setup is what'll make or break it. How did you get the wheels to fit - are they custom offsets or are spacers used? If so, are they hub centric and how wide?

Are you planning on getting rid of that ridiculous rear spoiler? :innocent:

Ace, iv never had a marmite car befor lol :D

I am using spacers that came with the arch kit and iv honestly not measured them. They do sit flush with the hub, no movement so if thats what you mean by hub centric then that'll be a yes, but it drives fine. Im currently sourcing some wider wheels than what they already are because im not a great fan of spacers, this is intentionaly just a show car so it wont be racing or for the intention to go ultra fast, thats what the penny fund for the TT is for :D

As for the spoiler, well its presonal preference i guess, i kinda liked it when i bought the car, but i am liking the TRD spoiler the more i see it. :)

Guest Gaz-Szr
nice work mate despoiler it tho will look much better .

I do like the spoilerless look on supra's but i think it has to have the right kit on them to pull it off. Unfortunately the veilside kit is a leary kit so needs something extreme to go with it. :D

Guest Gaz-Szr
well, i didnt want them filling in!

Dont get me wrong dude, i like it like that,looks very industrial, and like i said i was gonna leave them to get the same look, was just curious as to why you didnt fill them in :)

I'm probably wrong, but I think 'hub-centric', are spacers that have the lip on the wheel side, that the wheel sits on, as the wheel bolts, are purely to fix the wheel on and not to take the weight of the car...

So please check yours do!... Apart from that, fair play on the work you've done, I've always liked those arch extensions :) - But please get rid of that spoiler!... If you like the look of a TRD spoiler, talk to Nic on here, and he'll sort you one out at a good price, I've got one on the way, and IMHO, it's the best spoiler to have :)

I do like the spoilerless look on supra's but i think it has to have the right kit on them to pull it off. Unfortunately the veilside kit is a leary kit so needs something extreme to go with it. :D

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that. Take Pabs car as an example; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=11729

The Veilside spoiler is horrible IMO, having nothing is an improvement :D

Guest Gaz-Szr

Now ya see i do like that, but mainly because imo the back bumper goes with the flow/chi of the car, Iv only got the rear spats on my car and personaly i dont think it'll go right without a spoiler.. I might take it off though and just see what it looks like now you've showed me his lol :D Damn you! homer! :p

What size wheels do you have on the car mate? from the picture that Supradoopa put up it looks like the back is either alot higher than the fron or the wheels are different size's my veilside skirts seem to run parallel to the flloor and it looks like yours go higher at the back