The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a very good bodyshop???

Guest Stratt

Hi guys,

I have a Twin Turbo facelift vvti supra and i am buying some Explosion Side skirts and a front lip/ I have already bought a UK spec front bonnet.

I am looking for a very good bodyshop which will do a MINT job fitting the kit and blending my paintwork.

I have had a lot of very bad experiences with bodyshops and i am very particular!!!

The thing is the car is immaculate and the paintwork is excellent. Therefor, i dont want this to be ruined!!!

I cannot stand poor paintwork. Me and my friend have been looking for a decent bodyshop for ages now. He had some Explosion Skirts fitted and everything looked well. However, when we was looking at something underneith the car we noticed that at the bottom half of the doors it had not been flatted and polished properly, probably because they could not be bothered to bend down to finish the bottom half!!!

[/ANGRY]

This really P*SSES me off!![ANGRY]

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif
I have decided that next time i get some paintwork done i am going to check it thoroughly before i hand over a penny!!

Anyway i think thats enough of my ranting on about crap workmanship, i think you all get the message!! LOL!!:D Does anybody know a really good bodyshop which will do a perfect job for me??

Why do you ask? That post just wound me up. I apologise for my attitude.

The post wound you up????

Why??

Is it a bad thing to want a decent job doing if your willing to pay for it??

You have lost me on this one??

Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question to me, the country is full of $#@!e bodyshops, I've experienced a few myself, I can't see any problem with someone wanting a good job doing on their pride and joy.

But maybe I missed something.

Thank you

I was just thinking the same thing. I want a decent job and he wants to burn my supra. Very Nice and friendly!!

Guest blueangel

even i don't understand why did it wind you up fella, there are so many bodyshops out there that are just bothered about the money and not the finish.

I really couldnt blame the guy for wanting a decent job done and not to be ripped off.

I think when you look for a company to take care of your pride and joy you should expect a good job for a good price, simple as that, I did not see anything in the first post other than a guy who wants a top job done on this car then he pays for that work, fall short, dont get paid, wish I had taken that attitude a few times in the past and maybe I would not have wasted so much money paying for unfinished sub standard work

cant see how a club trader who provides such a service would get offended by such a customer and would not want his/hers business

I think when you look for a company to be take care of your pride and joy you should expect a good job for a good price, simple as that, I did not see anything in the first post other than a guy who wants a top job done on this car then he pays for that work, fall short, dont get paid, wish I had taken that attitude a few times in the past and maybe I would not have wasted so much money paying for unfinished sub standard work

cant see how a club trader who provides such a service would get offended by such a customer and would not want his/hers business

Thank guys for your support.

I am in absolute shock that somebody would write such a comment threatening to burn my Supra. I think not!!

Especially when he is a trader??

I love my car to bits and take extra care to look after it and keep it in tip top condition?? Due to bad experiences in the past i am a little bitter!! But like you all said i am just looking for a mint job and am willing to pay for it??

Anyway.... Stratt, are you looking for someone local or would you be willing to travel for the job doing?

Hi Michael, I would prefer somebody reasonably local. However, would be willing to travel if it means me getting a good job done.

I am not quite ready jet for the job and have to wait for my skirts to be delivered from Japan!! My friends took about 12 weeks to be delivered.

but i am just trying to plan ahead and decide on a bodyshop to trust.

It may sound stupid but i am already stressing about this decision, due to previous experiences. the risk of spending all that money on original kit from Japan and then a bodyshop doing a poor job is a Nightmare!!

Hi Michael, I would prefer somebody reasonably local. However, would be willing to travel if it means me getting a good job done.

There is a company in Elvington that I've heard good things about but I haven't seen their work, might be worth a look or some more research:

Elvington Auto Refinishers

Laverack Industrial Estate

York

YO14 4AR

01904 608399

There are a few more I know of but they are more towards the other side of Leeds.

Edit - ignore the above, see my later post, the company I meant to post about is:

M W Bodyworks

Unit 7,

Elvington Industrial Estate,

York Road,

Elvington,

York,

North Yorkshire,

YO41 4AR

01904 607788

Edited by michael
I fooked up on the there / their thing, now I'm considering suicide. (see edit history)

I'm not a Trader on here yet.

Well i cant see posts like that helping you win business, especially on a club full of car enthusiasts who;s cars are their pride and joy??

I am still in complete shock and confused???

If one of your customers wanted a good job doing will you want to burn his or her car??

Thanks for your help guys.

i will certainly check thase guys out. I will probably call them and have a chat with them to get some ideas. maybe have a look at some of their work. this usually helps.

thanks again.:D

Well i cant see posts like that helping you win business, especially on a club full of car enthusiasts who;s cars are their pride and joy??

I am still in complete shock and confused???

If one of your customers wanted a good job doing will you want to burn his or her car??

Sorry for the post. I'm not going to go into WHY it pissed me off, so please can we let it go and if my opinion is that much of a deal its a good job I'm not a trader on here.

"The thing is the car is immaculate and the paintwork is excellent. "

Why fook it up with a shite body kit?

Me and my friend have been looking for a decent bodyshop for ages now. He had some Explosion Skirts fitted and everything looked well. However, when we was looking at something underneith the car we noticed that at the bottom half of the doors it had not been flatted and polished properly, probably because they could not be bothered to bend down to finish the bottom half!!!

Have you approached them about this? Also how much did you pay?

I have decided that next time i get some paintwork done i am going to check it thoroughly before i hand over a penny!!

Thats fine if you have stated that you want all panels flatted and polished to a mirror finish. And have agreed a price for that to be done.

I'm sorry but I have read your first post over and over and it still pisses me off.

Maybe its just me.