The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare 1/4

GazB

Set a new pb on my first run this morning :)

12.052 @ 122.55 mph

Test day for Pro drag street racing series at Shakespeare raceway then manage to boil my clutch fluid :(

In a moment of madness i removed my heat shield that covers the top of my turbo and down pipe, took it off to check manifold

bolts were tight and never replaced it :(

I knew a lot of heat was being generated when doing 1/4 mile runs but thought that having my down pipe lagged and a stainless steel heat shield would be ok, how wrong was i :( after 10 runs i could just about select my gears, after the 11 at 16:30 i couldn't get any :( now got to replace fluid and bleed system before suprapod :(

Will go around pits tomorrow and see if anybody has a bottle of fluid i can use if not it's on the trailer and off home :(

Picked up a 3rd place last time out and was hoping this would be the same in Sunday comp.

Congrats - soo close to the illusive 11's!!

What's the surface like at Shakespeare then? Is it proper tarmac? I think monkeymark ran his best time there.

Cheers,

Brian.

Brian, it's a sticky prepped surface like pod, just not all the sophisticated machine to clean it after spills :) which there was an abundance of today.

Men with gas heat guns, but they do the trick.

You need to come down with Keith for a run next year :)

Gaz