The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off the road for winter...

bobapple

Hey gents putting my car off the road for winter, and was thinking what to save up for on my car. Basically I am at the point where some main things need looking at valve stem seals, turbo seals etc, so on that is their anything I can change while these jobs are being done to get some more power.

Basically I had a run in with a rs4 avant and got beat so thats my sought of aim if possible. She is pretty stock at moment just first cat off what's peoples thoughts please. I love my sup' and wish to stick with it and mod it, don't really wanna go down the single route thinking hybrids??

Firstly good service Stem seals gaskets belts new plugs etc, then invest in upgrading the suspension first nice coilovers and some new bushes if required and above all some top notch brakes power is no good without getting the basics down first.

Then really its down to what sort of power you want going BPU first is a waste of money if you a a big HP freak as you will end up doing it twice so you may wanna consider going for a nice single setup budget around 7k for this so if thats the route you wanna go allow 10k with the pre mentioned stuff

Good luck and keep us posted

Ah yes stopping is always good :). Basically I am not thinking massive bhp as I rarely race, but it would be nice to be able to beat the rs4 or at least the avant :(. Just checked their spec 420 bhp o-62 4.7 secs so what you think matey ?

That sort of figure without going single you are gonna need bpu with hybrid turbos and some kinda of way to up the fueling to be honest i would go single mate

As with others, good valve stem seals. As for upgrades if you dont wanna go single, go for the big twins :D Id love these for mine :-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=147199&page=8&highlight=big+twins

Then keep an eye out for an AEM or Emanage that pop up on here from time to time, add injectors, get in touch with RyanG for mappage et voila, a 'budget' set up thats flexible and powerful!

Why not just go for BPU and accept that there are faster cars out there?

The Supra doesn't do too badly for an old car but, unless you take the 'sledgehammer to crack a walnut' approach you will be beaten occasionally by newer and arguably uninspiring cars. Not going single will save you a fortune and a huge amount of arseache although if you must be King of the Road then knock yourself out.

I know what your saying RedM, I don't wanna be king off the road and I was pretty impressed with my 15yr old car for vaguely keeping up and not blowin up lol. It's just the fact that it was the estate version I think, I wouldn't of been so bothered if it had been the saloon lol. Also the guy started driving like a nutter darting in and out of traffic at that point I said game over no way not into killing people, so no matter how fast I could of gone I would of bottled out anyway.

Edited by bobapple (see edit history)

so no matter how fast I could of gone I would of bottled out anyway.

So why do you want to go even faster?

I think you should go with BPU, see how you feel there then take things one step at a time. No point jumpng into the deep end. You may not even have the driving skills to control whatever power you seem to want to jump to.

Not bein funny fella but the car is half bpu first cat off and induction, plugs and fuel cut, fuel pump, it wasn't the speed that put me off it was the guys dangerous driving that did and yes I have past advanced driving tests. I enjoy driving fast but only in a sensible manner. Not putting innocent people on the road at risk.

Edited by bobapple (see edit history)

Bobapple you talk about advanced driving courses and sensible driving in the same post as a race on the road with an RS4, the two dont go together, anyway... BPU will see you into the high 300's BHP and is more than enough, if you want 400+ then a small single will be required and there is plenty of stuff on that here, welcome BTW

Good for me what are you on mate. Out of interest do a search.

Lighten up.

I havent enough intrest in you to do a search. If you cant answer a basic question then that to me says alot about you.

Imo you dont sound like you came across as an 'advanced' driver.

No matter if your not anyway, just most people on this site dont like the smell of BS.

Goodluck with whatever you choose to do with your car.

Okay sorry that was a juvenile and silly post and apologies to Axle have taken the test through ROSPA, and I know looking at it, it does sound silly talking of racing and sensible driving in the same breath, but I do enjoy driving fast as long as the road isn't too busy so thats why I said the bottle it comment and again sorry.

As mentioned, BPU is the way to go, it completely transforms the way the power delivery and greatly improves driveabilty. I always compare the dfference of an NA and stock TT to the difference between stock TT and BPU at 1.25 bar ;)

Do you have an auto or 6spd? The auto box works okay at BPU but it kind of kills the fun you can get out of it.

BTW, your free posts are about to end, so unless you become a member you won't be able to respond.