The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saying goodbye to the Supra today, and life changing weekend!

Pabs

Well the day has finally come :( My TT Aero is being picked up this afternoon, and a Hyundai Coupe will be mine as the replacement. Going to be very sad watching it drive away, but needs must and all that - bills to pay, debts to clear, and a house to keep!

It's been a very emotional 2 weeks of my life so far. My ex moved out of our house last weekend, and I've spent most of the week "interviewing" potential lodgers to move in to help with the bills, which feels very weird.

I left my job yesterday, leaving do was good and I was quite drunk, but a fun evening nevertheless! Very sad as I made a lot of friends, but I hope to stay in touch with them. The fact of the matter is, I don't know anyone in the local area outside of work, and of course a few people from meets etc on here.

I start a new job on Monday, more senior IT role and I'm VERY nervous about it and think I'm going to get quite stressed/worn out over the next few weeks trying to get to grips with everything. I really need a holiday/break as I've not had anything more than 2 days off in a row for about 1.5 years now.

So all in all, a LOT going on all at once. I feel very alone right about now, but I'm trying to keep a smile on my face and look forward to the new life! :)

I feel better now I've said all that! :innocent:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the day has finally come :( My TT Aero is being picked up this afternoon, and a Hyundai Coupe will be mine as the replacement. Going to be very sad watching it drive away, but needs must and all that - bills to pay, debts to clear, and a house to keep!

It's been a very emotional 2 weeks of my life so far. My ex moved out of our house last weekend, and I've spent most of the week "interviewing" potential lodgers to move in to help with the bills, which feels very weird.

I left my job yesterday, leaving do was good and I was quite drunk, but a fun evening nevertheless! Very sad as I made a lot of friends, but I hope to stay in touch with them. The fact of the matter is, I don't know anyone in the local area outside of work, and of course a few people from meets etc on here.

I start a new job on Monday, more senior IT role and I'm VERY nervous about it and think I'm going to get quite stressed/worn out over the next few weeks trying to get to grips with everything. I really need a holiday/break as I've not had anything more than 2 days off in a row for about 1.5 years now.

So all in all, a LOT going on all at once. I feel very alone right about now, but I'm trying to keep a smile on my face and look forward to the new life! :)

if you ever want to go out for a blast... ;)

Well im moving with work too next month buddy, sorting letting house out and got work exams only next week to revise for. Big changes but im sure youll cope, Im managing to keep the supe though as driving it keeps me sane

Good luck with your move and hopefully you will come back to supra ownership when your resettled and get bored of the hy n dry coupe

Good for you, Pabs.

You're obviously set for the the more senior role, otherwise you wouldn't have been offered the position.

Perhaps it might be an idea to "throw" yourself into the new job for the immediate future, get stuck into it; for now it might help to focus less on the other things going on in life.

That was one nice car you had there chap, hopefully the new owner takes care of her. It's probably a good thing you are being kept very busy as oppose to having time to sit about thinking about stuff.

New jobs are always the same, it feels like the first day of school all over again, the second day you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

The only thing that concerns me is, how the hell are you gonna be able to pull with a Hyundai?

Mate im in exactly the same boat....fiance is moving out next weekend after us being together for 6 years and im starting a fresh...worried about bills etc etc so im feeling your concern. If you wanna vent with me on msn let me know dude as we have a lot in common at the moment :)

fit a supra spoiler on the back and change the badge

yeh! I've seen this mentioned on the hyundai forums already! lol Might see how easy that is to do..... :)

Currently I'm not sure I want to pull.. I've been single for nearly 3 months now, and I'm spending a bit of time with someone just recently which in some ways is awesome, but it's a real mind-f**k in others.

Mate im in exactly the same boat....fiance is moving out next weekend after us being together for 6 years and im starting a fresh...worried about bills etc etc so im feeling your concern. If you wanna vent with me on msn let me know dude as we have a lot in common at the moment :)

Thanks mate. My thoughts are with you as it sounds like the EXACT situation, and it's not easy. My mind doesn't stop thinking about each and every aspect of the changes, and it doesn't help with the current climate for housing etc crashing, as it limited us to HAVING to keep the house one way or another. That said, I'm glad that I get to stay here for at least the time being.

Good luck mate - chin up!

Thanks mate. My thoughts are with you as it sounds like the EXACT situation, and it's not easy. My mind doesn't stop thinking about each and every aspect of the changes, and it doesn't help with the current climate for housing etc crashing, as it limited us to HAVING to keep the house one way or another. That said, I'm glad that I get to stay here for at least the time being.

Good luck mate - chin up!

Yep exactly, I cant sell our place as we will both end up having to owe money to the bank, so im having to pay my ex out and then look for another mortgage. Fortunatly we have split on good terms so that softens the blow a little. My concerns are affording this on my own. I own the supra outright now so just debating that aspect now as well....might leave it open and if im desparate for cash then sell it. Either way im going to make a huge loss on that if I do. Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say, as well as the nervousness over the whole situation there is a large element of excitement as well so im trying to focus on that :)

Good luck dude

Swampy442 - I'm in Basingstoke. Dunno if that's any good to you?

Mikey - Same thing here with the split - good terms too, but we're both keeping our names on the mortgage, and splitting the house and capital at a later date. We're on a fixed 5yr mortgage, been here for a year, meaning the early repayment fees, plus all other fee's, and the depreciation in the house means we'd be out of pocket by about 35k between us :( We're not in an ideal situation - I'd love to take this place on 100% under my own name, but it's just not possible yet.

Definately look at the excitement - it's what I'm trying to do! :D

Keep you chin up Paul. You are right it sounds as if everything is happening all at once at the moment creating a lot of stress for you. Concentrate on giving the new job your all and I'm sure everything else will fall into place for you.

You've always struck me as positive person and a fighter Paul, and I willing to bet you will ride this out eventually post here that you are now happier than you've ever been before :)

Then you can buy me a pint for being so right :D

Keep you chin up Paul. You are right it sounds as if everything is happening all at once at the moment creating a lot of stress for you. Concentrate on giving the new job your all and I'm sure everything else will fall into place for you.

You've always struck me as positive person and a fighter Paul, and I willing to bet you will ride this out eventually post here that you are now happier than you've ever been before :)

Then you can buy me a pint for being so right :D

hehe thanks mate. I don't like ANYTHING to get the better of me anymore. And yeh, I hope to be able to get my teeth into the job not only to try and secure myself quickly (last in first out kinda thing) but to help me get things back on track.

Unfortunately in my past similar things have knocked me for six, signing me off work for 10 weeks and effectively losing my job that I'd only had for 2 days prior. This will NOT happen again, I won't let it! :p

If going out into town and wanna meet up send us a message as I'm out every weekend :D

Being single with your own place ain't as bad as you think I'm having a well good time after being in a relationship for 6 years. Now I'm just going out and pulling different girls and taking them home all the time. You can do whatever you want with no-one to moan at you....

Hope your job goes well and hopefully see you at the basingstoke meet!

Done Deal! :(

Watching the Supra drive away was aweful. I could hear her purr as she drove away, round the corner, and down the road. Sounds so good - and looks really good being driven (never got to see it as I was always behind the wheel!)

Coupe is now mine, parked in the garage. I'll be on a bit of a mission tomorrow to give it a check over, probably a clean and tidy, and sort out a few bits!