The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Premium Unleaded or Normal

monsween

This has probably been done to death and feel free to delete if it has however with the price difference being 10p or so i thought i'd ask

What do you guys use, Premium or normal?

Personally i only put premium in it unless the lights on and there is only normal, i just put enough to get me to the next place haha.

oh so its just me that runs normal supermarket petrol in the TT, i've never noticed it shudder or cutting (out i assume) at lower end or high end speeds

i have put high octane but the only differance i feel is lighter as my wallet is empty so i guess it does improve the power to weight ratio

OK so explain the uk TT then? That must have been built to run on normal unleaded?

From what I've read on here in the past, the UK TT is mapped to run on normal unleaded because that's what's commonly available (and is the "norm" for the UK). J-spec cars are mapped to run on high octane unleaded because that's commonly available ("the norm") in Japan. NA cars are more forgiving of lower octane fuels (not sure why, someone else may enlighten you if you're curious), so they can be run OK on normal UL.

Been running my jspec na on premium unleaded for around a month or two now, and got to say performance wasn't that exciteing(being a na wot u xpect) but this week i've put in tescos super 99 and for some reason it does seem a bit more responsive ! so i'll stick with the "SUPER" stuff from now ! ;)