The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice?

Guest GETTAJETTA

Guest GETTAJETTA

Hey everyone,

dont own a Supe at the minute but have been searching for a cheap aero top in any condition (have just over 2k to spend + have even considered buying one from a salvage company)

However, after a search on Autotrader i found a couple of manual NA Supra's for 2k!

Do you think i should keep looking for an aero or should i just go for a standard version - also, which gearbox is the most reliable - auto or manual

cheers - Shayne

I'd go for the coupe and not the aerotop. Regardless of price.

I've never understood what people see in aerotops. The poor handling and chestwig image is enough to put anyone off, isn't it? And they're all auto, which isn't most people's first choice.

If you want an aerotop, get an aerotop. Otherwise you'll regret it later on.

I own an aerotop - fantastic car. As far as I'm concerned, there's no "chestwig" image - that's usually said by the non-aero owners because are jealous on a hot/sunny day ;) Handling may not be as good, but it's not exactly BAD!

As you have found out, you will struggle to find an areo top for £2k. But you have a choice if you go for a hard top as there are a few around your budget. If you have your heart set on an areo then hold out, because i have seen a couple for sell this year under the £3k mark.

If you want an aerotop, get an aerotop. Otherwise you'll regret it later on

^^ This ^^

I *nearly* bought a coupe 'cause I was having trouble finding a nice aero. If you want one, hold out - price might be an issue though :-\

Auto box is lovely to have a lazy cruise on the odd occasions that this country allows us to take the roof off! :)

It's not a turbo rocket sled like the TT but it doesn't sound like that's what you're after anyway - 220 odd horses is still enough to put a smile on your face...

merse