The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A to TT Conversion...

Jim_1979

I guess if you are doing the work yourself its not much of a big deal, not something i would consider tho. I can understand peple converting a car that theyv had for a while instead of selling it and buying a TT. But buying a NA to convert to a TT and leave the 5 spd in there imo seems a lot of potential hassle you know if things dont go smoothly, im sure he's thought about that tho, and if it all goes ok you can make a saving but then when you come to sell who knows?

Seems false economy to me, it will always be a NA-TT so worth less and you would need a new diff as i cant see the na open diff being any good.

Some n/a's come with an LSD- all SZR's and some SZ's...But i do agree that i cannot see the point in buying an n/a to go straight to n/a-tt in it. The only time this is worth while is when you can't be arsed selling your car for penuts and you have it the way you want. You will also probably know nothing about the TT engine that you are putting into your car and its history

The only time this is worth while is when you can't be arsed selling your car for penuts and you have it the way you want.

That the only reason i am doing a na/tt conversion on mine.. I've had a good look around and there is some tt for good low prices, I don't think its worth selling a tt to buy a na just to TT it, just for the time and stress of selling a car at the moment..

I've spent a lot on my N/A over the years, yes i know maybe a silly idea in hindsight.. but got it as standard and over the years spent probably far to much on it, i just cant bare to see what price mine would go for now and i have it how i want it! so the conversion is the way i am going..