The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£4600 of repairs to my car!

fri3ndly

I just called the bodyshop to get an update and they said they have estimated the repair costs to my car at £4600!

Full damage details see this thread

I have a terrible feeling they will want to write it off. Apparently she has cracked my petrol tank too.

Does the estimated amount sound a bit excessive for the repairs or not?

The Toyota garage are looking around to find a replacement drivers side Veilside spat. Does anyone know where i can get one?

Thanks

Edited by fri3ndly
Ask another question :-) (see edit history)

Hi Simon

Gutted and angry for you. Had similar thing happen with guy making up false witnesses. He cut me up and wacked me in the side, spinning me into a barrier. fortunately he stopped but he left after exchanging details whereas I was there for over an hour until I was towed away. Not a soul stopped at the time so definitlely no witnesses, he was just a lying toe rag :complain:

Hopefully the bike witnesses will stand up for you fellah :hug:

Did they breathalise her at the scene?

Good luck and hope its salvagable

Lxx

I would say thats too high for the damage in the pictures, how much damage is under the wing..? If only the wing needs replacing I think they are about 350+vat from toyota so fitting and spraying with a new bumper aint going to come to that figue..!

Isnt the rear quarter also joined to the roof , rear bumper is not a problem, just the rear side, veilside spat is piece of p#ss to find, loads on ebay. but 4600 does seema tad too much i think they just want the easy option. easier to scrap on their part than to fork out on someones pride n joy to repair it.

Isnt the rear quarter also joined to the roof , rear bumper is not a problem, just the rear side, veilside spat is piece of p#ss to find, loads on ebay. but 4600 does seema tad too much i think they just want the easy option. easier to scrap on their part than to fork out on someones pride n joy to repair it.

Yea you usually cut the rear quarter of half way up the rear pillar, and weld the new one in place. If you look under the boot lid you can see the manufacture break lines where the rear quarters are attached to the roof.

If you ever get in an accident make sure you write down the number plates of any cars that have stopped but arent involved in the accident. They will soon drive off but will have seen everything.

Most accidents generate a queue so theres always somebody there.

JB