The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras generally lower in the front right hand side?

bodilx6

My soop is sitting about ½ an inch lower on the right side compared to the left. The suspension is all new and it was just the same before it got changed.

I have talked to a guy importing MKIVs here to DK and he tells me that he has seen this many times both on rhd and lhd versions.

It is nothing you would notice visually unless your car is really low. If so, it would be possible to see a difference in the clearance above the front wheels. Also the difference will be measurable in the front ground clearance.

Does anyone have an ide of why this is?

I had this on my first supra, It did my head in... Sold it in the end, then found its quite common.. most people never measure it though...

Get the geometry checked, Have them loosen all the bolts making sure they all turn freely... With all bolts loose the arms should reset themselves with the weight of the car.. Then set the Geo correctly.. thats about as much as you can do..

Or get adjustable suspension so you can adjust it out... Something i had on my first supe but didnt want to do.. should of really :(

Measuring above the wheel to the wheel arch or just from the ground to the body, just behind the front wheel.

Changed to Cobra spings and Koni dampers. The importer guy I have talked to who has noticed the same has been with different suspentions. Apparently it is more or less common.

I will see if I can get the car measured to figure where the misalignment is