The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New cast manifold, mmmm.. much better!

Mike B

Just got the car back from the fitters with a new cast manifold.

much more power low down and faster spool.

t67dbb with .5 of a bar at 2.6k, 1bar at 3.1k.. much more responsive and drivable.

maybe a few 100's earlier than the previous real bite rpm at around 3.8 but I am very impressed.. much less heating surface for the engine bay too. Notcable hike in power below 3k

to4z goes on soon... :D

SP_A0348.jpg

SP_A0353.jpg

SP_A0354.jpg

SP_A0355.jpg

Edited by Mike B (see edit history)

Just got the car back from the fitters with a new cast manifold.

much more power low down and faster spool.

t67dbb with .5 of a bar at 2.6k, 1bar at 3.1k.. much more responsive and drivable.

maybe a few 100's earlier than the previous real bite rpm at around 3.8 but I am very impressed.. much less heating surface for the engine bay too. Notcable hike in power below 3k

to4z goes on soon... :D

welcome to the cast manifold club ;)

welcome to the cast manifold club ;)

:D all good, much tidier and much less hot surface area to heatsoak the engine bay.

The manifold looks far happier in your engine bay than it did in my shed' date=' Mike! :D[/quote']

lol, it is indeed a happy chap in there, thanks again :)

Nice one, thats same as mine, in top gear it makes full boost just over 3k? what cams you got Mike?

yeah, 1bar at 3.1k, but it still climbs to peak bum dyno power at around 4-4.5k. Power delivery is fairly linear..

I use an hks valcon inlet cam (vvti) and a 264 ex cam.

you use a '64 ex housing on yours? I'm on a '86...

Have you got enough lambda sensors:eyebrows: even if one is EGT i still count three more:blink:

Ha ha,

stock ecu - not sure if it uses it, but it's in there, hks ecu wideband, and aem wideband, there is also a boss for the LM2 wideband, so that would be 4! lol.

there is also a mount for the temp sensor, which is currently in the manifold.

Nice one Mike, I am really interested to see how a T67 goes on a cast.

How did the downpipe mate up, did you have to modify much else or was it close enough and what have you done about the wastegate?

all re-plumbed by AAS newcastle, they took 18 hours to do it, a custom job, but it is a work of art.. this is what they do, all day long. wategate is in the exhaust again.

envy use them a lot... There was also a 2jz block on the floor there, it was in a green supra once alledgedly :innocent:

I would think it would be track suitable on a '65 hotside, the .86 is livable but I do like the top end.

I have a TO4z arriving soon... look forward to trying that...

see if it lives up to the hype! lol

Looking forward to the results on this, what housings did you go for and are you getting divided or undivided as the Arnout cast unit is not divided.

I went for the 1.0 divided, was tempted to get the .65 non-divided but was reliably told that the 1.00 housing was responsive... should be here any day :) cheap price too!

I'd love to see some pictures of the wastegate routed to the exhaust if you have some please Mike?

I'll get some for you bud... This company is very good!

I know that the Cast has advantages, but they just don't sound as nice as tubular mani imho.:)

Actually true.. it sounds louder and raspier on cast, but the TO$z should have a better soundtrack :)

Also every time I change a housing, turbo, and now manifold the boost controller achieves a different max psi as per it's settings.. the cast saw peak boost drop from 1.5bar to 1.45bar... still not sure why... but easily recified by upping the gain... but I want to know why!! lol

I went for the 1.0 divided, was tempted to get the .65 non-divided but was reliably told that the 1.00 housing was responsive... should be here any day :) cheap price too!

I currently run a divided housing on a undivided cast manifold and it does create a hot spot in the exhaust flow. The exhaust housing that is on the car has a crack on the divided part which I can only assume is down to heat.

The next turbo I try will have an undivided housing.