The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best value bov

Robzki

Hi

my stock bov, is knackered, so I'm looking for a replacement. This is one item I'm happy to follow the masses and get a ssqv. unless theres anyone that can give me a better option. I have an arc hardpipe turbo-ic pipe on the way(thanks tricky-Ricky :) ) with a bov fitment but unsure of size thread etc. Apexi I think).

What is the best value/quality bov out there. prefer direct replacement I think(looks better imho) and I realise that there is no performance benefit(except when its leaking like my stock one)

Where is the best place to get one from. nic has quoted £185 posted. and seems a great bloke, but money how it is atm, I need as cheap as I can without wasting money on tat ;)

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Robzki
spanneritus (see edit history)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New tial Q bov sounds the bee's freakin knees!

Not realy had any experience with 1 of these but the old 1s worked pretty good. I personaly hate the ssqv, sounds like a freakin bird churpin! Although I also prefer recirculated! Less obnoxious!

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanx m8, I'm not much for the ppppppppsssssssssssssssssstttttttttt either tbh, tho some sound good and some sound....crap. Its about the only reason the ssqv is in with a chance, 3 diff fins/sounds and don't they recirc? (with optional bits).

not looked at a tial, I'll do some research

Its not something I'd planned on yet, but I want the best psst I can get for £200ish, or a secondhand bargain ;) but noones come forward yet. you never see fmics with ssqv for sale @ £200-£300 when you need one :(

Ta

Rob

cos I'm one of the worriers out here, and even Chris Wilson with his absolute experience and logic can't overcome my feeling that the turbines are going to stall, go into reverse and suck my supra back in

If it's a money thing, why don't you just leave it out?

Dude you can recirculate any valve I think... if you want an awesome wooosh get a tial q, you'll have people hopping fences in fear!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

haha, now all you've done is confused me. and how come you can type so fast on a 'mobile device'...are you a geeky texter? :p

Ta tho :)

Rob

Lol I have a keyboard just like you :D

Tials a good option, handles the task of dumping very well in my opinion. Its all down to personal preference.. If you want an awesome sounding 1 I still highly recommend the Q! Puts the fear of god into ricer boys. I shat my pants 1st time I heard 1!

Posted via Mobile Device

cos I'm one of the worriers out here, and even Chris Wilson with his absolute experience and logic can't overcome my feeling that the turbines are going to stall, go into reverse and suck my supra back in

Lol didn't even see this!

You wouldn't have to worry bout that if you had an NA :p

Posted via Mobile Device

I took off the stock one to test and can blow through it with ease. add a vacuum and it gets very slightly easier. with it venting to atmosphere its blowing at all revs on boost. occasionally it will close and give me the 'busdoor bov sound' but most times its just losing boost constantly. the money isn't a major issue just want the right one. its a boy thing and do like vent to atmos' just not really looked into bovs, cos I'm spending money elsewhere.

Thanks homey

Rob

I took off the stock one to test and can blow through it with ease. add a vacuum and it gets very slightly easier. with it venting to atmosphere its blowing at all revs on boost. occasionally it will close and give me the 'busdoor bov sound' but most times its just losing boost constantly. the money isn't a major issue just want the right one. its a boy thing and do like vent to atmos' just not really looked into bovs, cos I'm spending money elsewhere.

Thanks homey

Rob

Just get a 2nd hand one then, £5 or so from one of our parts dealers. If you want whoosh noises do the 10p mod :D

You did ask for a "best value" BOV and hope this has answered that question ;)

I got 1st dibs on that thing!

Why didn't I think that, an air filter with a bit of pipe and a little valve built into 1... :blink:

Ofcourse it all makes sence now!

Posted via Mobile Device

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Just get a 2nd hand one then, £5 or so from one of our parts dealers. If you want whoosh noises do the 10p mod :D

You did ask for a "best value" BOV and hope this has answered that question ;)

Value/Quality I meant to say. standard bovs must all be reaching their sell by date by now S/h anyway. if the pipes were anything to go by, they haven't stood the test of time at all well :(.

If I fitted s/h I'd always be worried it was leaking.

Thanks

Rob

I may have a spare stock BOV lying around if you want it?

Posted via Mobile Device

thanks m8, appreciate the offer. I'm gonna have a think about whether I want new aftermarket or stock, and give you a shout If I decide to stay stock. thanks tho. the forum spirit is alive and well :)

Rob