The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

Although the start of the project is just under a month away I thought I would get this thread started mainly to get some advice and check on required parts :D

So the progress so far. Im just collecting parts at the minute.

All parts purchased and below is the updated spec

Refreshed and bored block with CP pistons 86.5mm.

Eagle H beam Rods.

Refreshed, ported and polished head. Whifbitz Stage 2.

Refreshed bottom end.

ARP main and head bolts.

BC valve springs.

New water and oil pump.

ATI crank pulley.

Whifbitz Manifold.

Whifbitz Downpipe and midpipe.

T67 precition DBB turbo.

50mm Wastegate.

800 cc drop in injectors.

removed fuel pulsation damper.

Removal of A/C.

Walbro fuel pump.

Defi Guages.

RPS lightened flywheel (never again due to issues with RPS).

RPS 6 puck clutch.

Tanabe Exhaust.

AEM ECU, 3.5 bar map sensor, DLI and air sensor.

TRD LSD.

LSD fitting kit.

25 row engine oil cooler.

6 speed conversion.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Mike!!

Let me know if you need a hand, you'll always need a brew or something......:D

H.

:D there is a queue for brew duty, Ste has already offered lol. You can never have to many brews when getting stressed with manifold bolts for example :D

Sounds a nice project mate, id have thought you would be able to buy a oil feed and return kit from hks (or maybe even a boostlogic kit would fit, can you post a pic of the turbo cartridge) you will also need the water lines.

Front pipe? as in intercooler pipe from the turbo to ic?

Sounds a nice project mate, id have thought you would be able to buy a oil feed and return kit from hks (or maybe even a boostlogic kit would fit, can you post a pic of the turbo cartridge) you will also need the water lines.

Front pipe? as in intercooler pipe from the turbo to ic?

sorry its the down pipe isnt it.

According to HKS the oil and water pipes will all need modifying to fit so they advised I make them up myself :blink:

The downpipe im refering to is the first pipe that goes off the exhaust side of the turbo to the first decat pipe. HKS do the standard downpipe but this does not mount to the v-band exhaust housing of the turbo.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=661

According to HKS they will need modifying to fit so they advised I make them up myself :blink:

The frontpipe im refering to is the first pipe that goes off the exhaust side of the turbo to the first decat pipe (HKS refer to the t04 one as the frontpipe).

Strange regarding the oil lines, not heard of anyone else having a problem with them, hks europe or usa? maybe they are not sure with the RHD cars.

Ahh the exhaust, do you want an open screamer? if hks wont sell the downpipe the maybe go with a 4" bl downpipe, you may have to cut and shut it but cant see it being far out.

TBH no i did not really fancy the idea of an open screamer due to the noise hence why the HKS downpipes looked perfect.

Was listening to yours on the track day and up close I did not think it was too lond so I may go down the open screamer route :)

Is the BL a v-band turbo side then?

edit - just seen the v-band adapters on the BL site ;)

Mike, If you are ever over in Macclesfield I can take you out in mine to test the noise of the screamer pipe if you have never heard one whilst sat in the cabin.

May very well take you up on that offer mate as ive not heard one from in the cabin :D

Good luck Mike, i hope it all goes well with the single install.

I'm looking forward to linning up against you at a 1/4 mile strip when it's done :cool:

It will be so much different from what you have now and when you get the bug even worse the spending will go on and on and on and on, chasing the 10th's of a second gains :D

Have you an idea what times you are looking for on the strip?

Gaz

Good luck with this Mike, surprised your not started already :)

As the brew's seem to be covered I'll bring the biscuits any favourites?

That sounds likea great Idea :D ill start thinking of my favorates.

Nice one Mike :) You know where i am if you need owt ;) :)

Got a feeling Rob you may live to regret your very kind offer of help :)

Mike I'll chase up HKS for an answer about the downpipe.

Cheers Nic, I think I know the answer already but hopefully you will get a different answer then HKSUSA gave :D

I thought you'd already gone single for some reason.

Good luck with it Mike, I'll watch your progress with interest.

Not yet, hopefully by the first quarter of next year :D

Good luck Mike, i hope it all goes well with the single install.

I'm looking forward to linning up against you at a 1/4 mile strip when it's done :cool:

It will be so much different from what you have now and when you get the bug even worse the spending will go on and on and on and on, chasing the 10th's of a second gains :D

Have you an idea what times you are looking for on the strip?

Gaz

TBH I really enjoy the drag racing but times are not the goal with this project. Dont get me wrong it will go on the drag strip but im not setting the car up for drag racing. Its manily going to be for track day use.

And before anyone says it - once the 6 speed is in :D

What are peoples opinions on heat coating the manifold? I am not really a fan of the wrapping as after a few head cycles I dont like the look of it, its just personal preference thing really but I dont want to wrap the manifold if I can help it.

Does heat coating the manifold make that much different as im lead to believe its quite expensive to get done?