The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just how slow is an NA?

Scooter

Following on from the Llandow track day, i have done some rough and ready observations from Bignums video and come up with best lap time of approx 47/48secs (please correct me if i'm wrong), which gives (I think) an average speed over the 1450m (0.901mile) track, of approx 68mph?

not sure what BHP Bignum is running but i'm pretty sure he is running a single so what do the masses therefore think a NA would lap/average?

All 'milk float' 'vicar on a bike' 'naturally exasperated' etc etc comments expected and will be graciously accepted...........:)

Not the greatest choice of thread title. :rolleyes:

I don't feel there was a great deficit time wise, but it was all very dependant on the individual owner (driver) and setup. I know on the straights I only hit around 100, IanR said he was pushing near 130.. I would love a nice camera setup like Bignum's just to see what I was actually doing, maybe next time! :D

I don't feel there was a great deficit time wise, but it was all very dependant on the individual owner (driver) and setup. I know on the straights I only hit around 100, IanR said he was pushing near 130.. I would love a nice camera setup like Bignum's just to see what I was actually doing, maybe next time! :D

I only hit 100 in my TT, those singles are different animals altogether

It was a twisty little circuit! I was rarely on WOT, I'm sure an NA can corner just as quick as a TT/single.

One thing to note though, I never turned my boost controller on (so the wastegate opened at 0.9bar although the car is mapped to 1.4) - and I don't think bignum did either - so we were both at ~400bhp.

Track tyres made more difference than more power, on that circuit. Si could go through the bus stop 10mph faster than me.

Are you using continental drift as a datum?

Or the ultra fast paint drying formula?

Very funny,nah im just transporting my family including 4 year old son in a nice car that we all love and driving at speeds fast enough to enjoy,but without killing us along the way;)