SilverSoop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had one of these bought for my birthday yesterday! :D

I was going to post up to see if anyone else had them and get some advice on putting it together and painting it to get the best result.

:D

Tbh, i would paint the pieces first like engine bay which I have chrome silver and green paint for the rocker cover, white paint (for the body of course :D)

Black paint for the headlights as it is a facelift and red paint for the rear lights although you hardly need any! :blink:

It doesn't look to hard to build now that I have made sense of the instructions as they were quite confusing at first glance!

The instructions ar all in Japnese! :rlol:

Yeh, I figured it'd be easier to paint the peices while still on the sprues rather than trying to get a brush into hard to reach places after assembling!

Are you painting the body with a brush, or spray paint? Will it need a base coat, or just go straight into the top coat?

I used to be into the Games Workshop models when I was a kid, so I like to think that I can still paint as well as I used to!

Do you have many more of these models?

The instructions ar all in Japnese! :rlol:

Yeh, I figured it'd be easier to paint the peices while still on the sprues rather than trying to get a brush into hard to reach places after assembling!

Are you painting the body with a brush, or spray paint? Will it need a base coat, or just go straight into the top coat?

I used to be into the Games Workshop models when I was a kid, so I like to think that I can still paint as well as I used to!

Do you have many more of these models?

Oh no, really?! :D

Luckily mine are in English and Japanese...:p

You can go straight into a top coat which I have white paint for and i'll be using a paint brush just for the neatness factor...:)

I have got a Fighter Jet (Eurofighter) model too which i'll be building after the Supra...:)

Looks hard though, over 150 parts...:blink:

Would like to get a model of the supra, but something is pulling me towards getting a professional remote control race car of the supra, saw two of them in the model shop, one with full body kit and the other is standard, already got the Nissan Skyline R34 Nismo remote control race car, my cousin got the ferrari enzo, we had serious battles in the car park in japan for an hour when we raced them, fast bastards at 30mph, till the hotel manager came down and told us off ;-)

Would like to get a model of the supra, but something is pulling me towards getting a professional remote control race car of the supra, saw two of them in the model shop, one with full body kit and the other is standard, already got the Nissan Skyline R34 Nismo remote control race car, my cousin got the ferrari enzo, we had serious battles in the car park in japan for an hour when we raced them, fast bastards at 30mph, till the hotel manager came down and told us off ;-)

:D

Traitor, get a Supra! :D ;)