The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No new Supra!

Supraguy

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_toyota_wont_bring/index.htm

Finally, all the rumors come to an end!!

DETROIT – Bucking a trend that has seen Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. revive its legendary Z car and Mazda Motor Corp. wow the market with an incarnation of its rotary-powered RX, Toyota Motor Corp. says it has no plans to resuscitate its Supra heritage.

take anything toyota say with a pinch of salt,

they religiously deny rumors so as to add to the publicity when they do release anything, they did it with (think it was the celica or something simmilar) not so long ago, denied all knowlage of sed vehicle untill a couple of weeks before its release.

doubt anything they could come up with would be a patch on the mkiv anyway :)

Originally posted by albundy68

take anything toyota say with a pinch of salt,

True, have a look at this supraforums thread for MKV 'info'

The MKIV Supra was introduced to the automotive press and Toyota dealers a mere 2-3 months before they ended up in showrooms.

Personally, I think there will be a MK5. Now Mazda and Nissan have played their hands, Toyota need a flagship model.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

If they bring a new soop out, they'd just better make sure that it's better looking than all of the crap that has been circulated recently.

Whilst we are talking about new cars, anyone seen anything of the new Skyline? And before anyone says that they aren't making one, you're wrong!

Ben..

What the G35 Infinity Skyline? Looks like a 350 to me and has the same engine! Shame!

Can anybody tell me how a "sports tuned truck" is going to fill a "fast, SPORTS CAR" gap?

I can't see many current Supra drivers going out and buying, what is in essence a Land Cruiser with a sports pack, nor is it going to wow the RX8 or 350Z potentials over to the Toyota flock.

These types of people want nimble, nifty, sporty. They do not want a glorified 4WD.. if this is what Toyota thinks this market segment has been waiting for, then .. I think they'll be sorely mistaken. The only business they'll get will be people who were considering a huge ugly SUV, rather than a sex-on-wheels Supra.

-p