The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speedo Convertor

AdzC

Hi,

I've decided to fit my Thor DSC+TSD unit today along with my new dials.

I've read SteveR's schematic and how to thread along with Thor's instructions. i would like to keep the odo in KM so as it clocks up as normal and just convert the speedo to read MPH.

Question is that the Thor Instructions which detail this say that the blue wire on the unit should be connected to C and D on the loom.

Is this a case of slodering/connecting the ends of each of those wires to the one end of the blue wire?

Also my car doesn't have cruise control so will I just connect the white wire to A?

Hope what i am asking is clear and any help is appreciated.

Edited by AdzC
Gave credit for how to to wrong person. Sorry Steve LOL (see edit history)

Anyway, to answer your questions...

I would like to keep the odo in KM so as it clocks up as normal and just convert the speedo to read MPH.

That's fine, just connect the BLUE wire to the odo, and the WHITE to the speedo. Look at the table on the schematic you link to.

Question is that the Thor Instructions which detail this say that the blue wire on the unit should be connected to C and D on the loom. Is this a case of slodering/connecting the ends of each of those wires to the one end of the blue wire?

It makes no odds how you connect it up, a wire is a wire is a wire. Just keep it tidy. :)

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure you should chop the re-buffered signal; you're just making work for yourself. (See below schematic).

Also my car doesn't have cruise control so will I just connect the white wire to A?

Look at this schematic, which will show you in more detail what to attach, where. If you don't have cruise/etc, ignore those bits.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Steve,

I've wired the live and earth into the odo live and earth so far.

Can you just confirm if I want the odo to increment still in km what wire do I need to connect and where to?

Just about to connect the green DSC wire to connector 5 on the speedo.

Just about to connect the green DSC wire to connector 5 on the speedo.

That doesn't sound right :Pling:

Can you just confirm if I want the odo to increment still in km what wire do I need to connect and where to?

Did you look at this?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.betts/supra/TechTips/dsc_speedo_mph.jpg

GREEN is the INPUT.

BLUE is a 1:1 output hence should go to anything that still wants to know the real speed signal; i.e. power steering, cruise, active spoiler and - in your case - the odometer.

WHITE is the modified output signal, scaled so it is the equivalent of MPH. Send that to your speedo (and for those that want their odo to count in miles not kms, there too)

YELLOW is the faked signal that tells the limiter bit of the ECU as dummy signal so it never cuts power. YELLOW should only go to the ECU, down in the passenger footwell.

HTH