The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aaargh, crashed the Supe O_o

Professor Kenny

Coming home yesterday lunchtime, it was wet and slippery so I was taking it very easy, and I hit what I presume must have been some oil or diesel coming off a roundabout at about 30/35mph...

I caught the first slide but it snapped right and I hit the central reservation :(

Damaged the front and rear nearside corners; haven't got any photos at the moment. It's driveable, just; I got it home but the wheelarches are rubbing on the tyres. I'm hoping it's repairable though - some of the guys on here seem to have had their cars repaired after quite big shunts, so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed.

I've spoken to my insurance company and they're happy for me to use my own garage or their designated repairers - so can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in the Derby area? Ideally I could do with a car while mine's off the road too, I'm kind of stuck for getting about without it...

I'm so annoyed about it - especially since when I'd gone out that morning it was torrential rain with standing water everywhere and I was aquaplaning all over the place... I was taking it so easy... =/

Coming home yesterday lunchtime, it was wet and slippery so I was taking it very easy, and I hit what I presume must have been some oil or diesel coming off a roundabout at about 30/35mph...

I caught the first slide but it snapped right and I hit the central reservation :(

Damaged the front and rear nearside corners; haven't got any photos at the moment. It's driveable, just; I got it home but the wheelarches are rubbing on the tyres. I'm hoping it's repairable though - some of the guys on here seem to have had their cars repaired after quite big shunts, so I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed.

I've spoken to my insurance company and they're happy for me to use my own garage or their designated repairers - so can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in the Derby area? Ideally I could do with a car while mine's off the road too, I'm kind of stuck for getting about without it...

I'm so annoyed about it - especially since when I'd gone out that morning it was torrential rain with standing water everywhere and I was aquaplaning all over the place... I was taking it so easy... =/

are your tires ok, touch wood since i got my supra everything has been fine,got to the point when all four tires were bold which taught me how to handle the car more, then i got new tires when i got my 18inch deep dish alloys, and i dont have traction control either.

are your tires ok, touch wood since i got my supra everything has been fine,got to the point when all four tires were bold which taught me how to handle the car more, then i got new tires when i got my 18inch deep dish alloys, and i dont have traction control either.

I'd just started pricing up new rear tyres actually... anyone got any thoughts on that here? Favourites so far are looking like Toyo Proxes, I've had them before on my Calibra and my Celica and they were great...

I hit what I presume must have been some oil or diesel coming off a roundabout at about 30/35mph...

sorry to hear about your smash and glad it wasn't worse, but it was probably a lack of grip at that speed in those conditions, it doesn't take much...