The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had her re-mapped

Jazzy

Couple of weeks ago I met up with Ryan at SRR to have the Supe tweaked, mostly boost increased, in time for Suprapod.

After a few runs it was obvious that something just wasn't quite right, my T61 was making a bar of boost around 5500 rpm!! After some searching it was noticed that the cam belt had appeared to slip (with the cams at TDC the crank was a good 10 degrees out).

So after having the belt and tensioner changed last week, it was back down to SRR yesterday for Ryan to work his magic. Since Ryan previoulsy owned the car it was running 566fwhp. Yesterday we managed a healthy 553fwhp, the decrease due to the restrictions of having the wastegate plummed back into the system. The best thing though was that the torque had increased from 480ftlb to 520ftlb and my god can you feel those extra fltb's on the road!! It's an absolute beast, can't wait for Suprapod now! :D

Graph attached, also updated the link in my signature.

Big thanks to both Ryan and Charlie (SRR), always an enjoyable expierience whenever they are involved :thumbs:

Also had some fun driving Ryan's MR2 track car whilst we were road mapping it :)

Dyno 008.jpg

Ryan's just uploaded my latest graph to his site (link in my sig), shown as Jazzy2. Very pleased, as I'd been watching JamieP's build thread with interest and when he had his dyno'd it made me think about changing turbo's to a T67 dbb.

Well now that mine had been sorted and remapped my graph is almost idential to Jamie's, so very very happy :D

As previous said it's a completely different car on the road, and if you read this Jamie, I'd keep yours as it is i.e. leave the cams and intake. Trust me, improving my spool to what it is now has made the world of difference, there's no way I'd want to go for more power and sacrifice the low down grunt :)

Shows that a T61 with cams is very comparable to a T67 dbb on stockers.

Glad to hear it Jazzy. Would love to have a go in it now :) Who plumbed your wastegate back in and do you have any pictures?

More than happy to take you for another spin ;)

Ryan plumbed it back in while he still owned it :p, he added a flexi joint in while he was at it.

:yeahthat:

Also, what boost were you running for those figures?

Jon

Boost was 1.45 bar :)

More than happy to take you for another spin ;)

Ryan plumbed it back in while he still owned it :p, he added a flexi joint in while he was at it.

I'll hold you to that ;). I remember it being real loud when you took me for a spin, must be getting confused with Wez's animal.