The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kahn 18"

supramatt

Hi,

I was decided on some kahn 18"rsr's, but have been told by Gaz at envy these will not fit over bigger uk brakes

In the for sale section JIC claim the kahns DO fit over uk brakes.

Could anyone confirm that if i buy Kahn RSR's i will not be able to uprate the brakes

Any help for this newb would be appreciated

Originally posted by supramatt

cheers, just bought the rsr's from JIC

too much of a bargain, could not refuse

do you know these wheels they are selling are only 7.5" fronts and 9" rears?:eek: way too narrow surely. i was going to buy them until i asked the widths

All depend on what tyres you put on them IMO. People go on re the wheel widths presumably linking this to ultimately poor grip, but a stock supra will be fine on stock tyres widths won't it?

They will probably look wrong though (hidden in the arches) or will have a low offset to fill the arch but this would effect the suspension geometry (not sure if this is noticeable in general driving?)

Stock 16's should be 8" wide at the front and 9" at the back and this is easily seen on the wheels themselves (sometimes people have all 8"s on front and back)

The link below should help re the sizes. The 265's on 9's aren't a problem IMO but 235 on 7.5" may be.

Edited "My links don't seem to be working tonight but search on google for this 'tires2.digiknow.com/goodyear' and hopefully you'll find it!"

Your 16's should be running 225/50/16 and 245/45 (or 50)/16. Are they and what tyres have you currently got?

Do you know the Kahns offset?

i have 225/50/16, 245/50/16

the offset on the kahns is 37

a mate has suggested getting the 2 sets of 9's, i presume this will be ok running 9's front and back??

i asked ibrar from pro-alloys about running 9's front and back but he advised against it as it would affect handling and could be dangerous

i have 225/50/16, 245/50/16

the offset on the kahns is 37

a mate has suggested getting the 2 sets of 9's, i presume this will be ok running 9's front and back??

The offset will mean the wheels will fill the arches slightly more than the current 16's.

Further to Lee's comments, the 9" with a 37 offset may stick out too far and cause them to rub? (by my calc's 25.7mm further out than the current 16 x 8)

BTW if your commited but don't want them i may be interested?

no i'm gonna have em, will see what they are like on, may need a spacer or worst case i'll sell if I don't like them.

cheers scooter

:thumbs:

are you going for the 9"front and rear or 7.5" fronts. the set up will fit and look good still just a bit concerned about fitting 235 tyre to 7.5" wheel. let us know how you get on as they are a bargain.

...lee