The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Illuminated spark plug cover.

Guest jamesthejames

Guest jamesthejames

soo.. I redid my valve cover gaskets today and noticed there is a little bit of space above the coil packs under the spark plug cover, and the cover has nice vents down the sides...was thinking of installing a neon light the entire length of the cover on the inside so light would only be seen out the covers vents. Im pretty sure Im not the first to think of this, so am hoping someone has some pictures of similar lighting ideas.

I did it with my V6 under the intake plenum, and hooked it up to a hood(bonnet) pin switch so was turned on by opening the hood, and I really like how it turned out.

Guest CoolsBlue
Like that after market front bumper in your av?

yup i upgraded the front bumper as i didnt like the stock one and always loved ts.

UPGRADED the bumper, are there lights to upgrade in the engine bay? the car had a bumper which i changed, there are no lights in the bay;)get what im saying...

:

yup i upgraded the front bumper as i didnt like the stock one and always loved ts.

UPGRADED the bumper, are there lights to upgrade in the engine bay? the car had a bumper which i changed, there are no lights in the bay;)get what im saying...

Yeah but im not about to miss a chance to be a smart ass am i:p

I have small blue lights in my engine bay. they dont melt or anything, They look good at night too and I really like them, I know alot of people on here dont do lights or even any sort of bling, but each to there own.

Personally go for it mate break the mold that everyone is trying to follow on here. does not matter if it a tt or a N/A , if it should be there or not , or even if toyota should have put them there, its your car you own it you do as you want.

Guest jamesthejames

Thanks dann...Im going to be doing it regardless, just wanted to see if anyone had pics of it done. If I wanted a stock car, it certainly would not be sitting on 19" rims for starters...

guess you would all be apposed to the cross drilled rotters and red calipers that are going on next week...(the engine light will also be red)

guess you would all be apposed to the cross drilled rotters and red calipers that are going on next week...(the engine light will also be red)

I saw a Supra here many years ago with lights mounted behind the brake calipers so the inside of the wheels lit up :cool:

Guest jamesthejames

yeah, ive seen those back light kits for your brakes...thats over the top in my book...way too far from subtle for my likings. and the kit is actually pretty pricey, for the rock proof, heat proof, weather proof lights.