The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy boost gauge not giving reading

Duffman

Wired in my greddy boost gauge today and it aint giving a reading.

All wired in correctly. Gauge has warning and memory button not sure what thses do and how to use them...could anyone advise?

The gauge needle moves when i turn on the ignition but it goes up just below 0 and stays there...no reading at all

Does anyone have one of thses gauges who can advise how to use 'memory' button & 'warning'. Also if anyone has any ideas as to how it aint giving a reading :search:

Cheers

I see you didn't take our earlier advice to take it to someone who knows then... :(

OK - You should have got a small adjuster with the gauge - you use that to set the warning level using the lower of the two pegs on the front (press in and turn). I set mine to just over 1 bar. It'll light up if you exceed (or possibly hit?) that value boost.

Pressing the memory button will flick the needle up to show the max boost you've hit previously. Saves you having to watch the needle to see what boost you're hitting on those spirited drives - you can check later.

As for why your boost isn't registering, I suggest you describe in painstaking detail exactly what you've connected and where. Preferably with good pictures.

Failing that, fick narse.

Edit. If you haven't already found it, the manual is here: http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/701.pdf

Edited by ivan (see edit history)

Wired in my greddy boost gauge today and it aint giving a reading.

All wired in correctly. Gauge has warning and memory button not sure what thses do and how to use them...could anyone advise?

The gauge needle moves when i turn on the ignition but it goes up just below 0 and stays there...no reading at all

Does anyone have one of thses gauges who can advise how to use 'memory' button & 'warning'. Also if anyone has any ideas as to how it aint giving a reading :search:

Cheers

im t-piecing in between the boost pressure sensor and the original 'y' piece that was there using an additional 2" of hose

will detail all in pics

I see you didn't take our earlier advice to take it to someone who knows then... :(

OK - You should have got a small adjuster with the gauge - you use that to set the warning level using the lower of the two pegs on the front (press in and turn). I set mine to just over 1 bar. It'll light up if you exceed (or possibly hit?) that value boost.

Pressing the memory button will flick the needle up to show the max boost you've hit previously. Saves you having to watch the needle to see what boost you're hitting on those spirited drives - you can check later.

As for why your boost isn't registering, I suggest you describe in painstaking detail exactly what you've connected and where. Preferably with good pictures.

Failing that, fick narse.

Edit. If you haven't already found it, the manual is here: http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/701.pdf

Right here we go...

Have fitted boost gauge in my air vent space and tapped all the wires into the radio harness

Black ground (gauge) - black ground (radio)

red 12v constant - yellow 12v memory

white illumination - orange illumination

orange 12v ignition - red 12v ignition

Gauge is now lighting up and the needle moves i.e. when i turn warning knob(dont have tool do with fingers) it resets itself to where it originally was after about 5 seconds. But when I start the car and take it for a drive there is no movement at all on gauge...have attached pic of what gauge looks like showing where needle is. When I first connected the gauge the needle wasn't staying still(without and with the engine running)...it was bouncing between the second white line under the 0bar and at about the 1st white line above the 0 bar. This might be irrelevant but I'm gonna say everything.

Have detailed in the other 2 pics where I have connected the t-piece i.e. took the turbo pressure sensor out the original 'y-piece' and inserted the 't-piece'. Then connecteed the extra 2" of hose I had cut from the T to the original Y.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think

Thanks

Picture1.gif

Picture2.gif

Picture3.gif