The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurspec DB

Dave F

Does anybody have an idea on the noise level or a nurspec r on an n/a. Would it likely to be less than 105db?

Cheers in advance

I had the Blitz nur spec R exhaust on my N/A, it was so loud i was starting to think that i was going to need ear plugs! (that was with a 2nd decat though)

My neighbours hated me and still do! :D

Dave to be honest I think you knew the answer to this before you asked! :D:d

does sound good though!

Does anybody have an idea on the noise level or a nurspec r on an n/a. Would it likely to be less than 105db?

Cheers in advance

Maybe It's a sign of me getting old but why would anyone want an exhaust like a nurspec, they're just too bloody loud and in my opinion make the car very un-enjoyable to drive.

No you're not getting old I've had mine on for a fair few year now and tend to use the bung to keep things at a more reasonable level. It just seems to pull better with it out, which I may be imagining, but when you are up against tt's and singles like this weekend every little helps:)

No you're not getting old I've had mine on for a fair few year now and tend to use the bung to keep things at a more reasonable level. It just seems to pull better with it out, which I may be imagining, but when you are up against tt's and singles like this weekend every little helps:)

:D Best of luck it'll be fun weekend no matter what! I didn't know you could get bung's for Nurspec's, I had a shot in my mates MR2 with a bung-less Nurspec and found it quite irritating. He loved it though so I suppose thats what matters!

Nur Spec R on a TT (it's louder on an NA) is just the right noise level IMO - perfectly bearable, just the right deep burble on idle, almost unnoticeable on cruise and absolutely glorious rumble on WOT :)

Seriously?? I had a Nur Spec R on my BPU TT. It was lovely on idle and WOT, but the constant deafening drone on motorway cruises was horrendous! I'm getting old too...

Seriously?? I had a Nur Spec R on my BPU TT. It was lovely on idle and WOT, but the constant deafening drone on motorway cruises was horrendous! I'm getting old too...

Yeah... the load characteristics on my engine are altered because of the hi stall though. There's also apparently subtle differences in Nur Spec R depending when you bought it.

Cheers,

Brian.

Yeah... the load characteristics on my engine are altered because of the hi stall though. There's also apparently subtle differences in Nur Spec R depending when you bought it.

Fair cop. You learn something every day! I still wouldn't buy another one... ever!

Just turn that Barry Manilow CD up a notch, soon drown out the exhaust noise

That comment worries me slightly. Is my secret out?