The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of buying an N/A. Good idea??

SilverSoop

Hi all, no im not getting rid of my TT, i love it too much! :D

I just want a run around and still want the Supra experience! After looking on the autotrader website, there are some quite nice deals for N/A auto's out there...:)

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/images.action?R=200838319302784&channel=CARS&adcategory=&largeId=784636734

//http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/images.action?R=200838319037414&channel=CARS&adcategory=&largeId=782385396

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/images.action?R=200838319259765&channel=CARS&adcategory=&largeId=784168686

The top one was £3495.00 and has 57,000 miles, Auto

The middle one was £3595.00 and has 60,000 miles, Auto

The bottom one was £2750.00 and has 56,000 miles, Auto

Pretty good i would say, so, is it a good idea to buy an N/A?? :)

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

The top one was £3495.00 and has 57,000 miles, Auto

The middle one was £3595.00 and has 60,000 miles, Auto

The bottom one was £2750.00 and has 56,000 miles, Auto

For Auto 3495.00 is too much even if she has 57.000 miles but the bottom one sounds good. Or maybe you look for manual one ? One more thing milage it not so important everything depends how somebody take care about that car sometimes car has 120.000 miles and drives better like that one with low miles that what I say everything depends from owner if he really love car and worry about what he got(change oil, filters, belts, shocks etc) milage it's not on the first place

For Auto 3495.00 is too much even if she has 57.000 miles but the bottom one sounds good. Or maybe you look for manual one ? One more thing milage it not so important everything depends how somebody take care about that car sometimes car has 120.000 miles and drives better like that one with low miles that what I say everything depends from owner if he really love car and worry about what he got(change oil, filters, belts, shocks etc) milage it's not on the first place

Yeh tbh, i would like a manual like i have now but im not too bothered as it would be my run around.

The n/a manual's though have either very high mileage or are over my budget. So, auto it is...:)

Like you say, i have been looking at the bottom one but i don't like where the foglight is placed though and im preferably after an aerotop too which

i don't think the bottom one is unfortunetely...:(

whats the point if you have a tt? are you not wanting to put loads of miles on the tt? cost of running it wont be that much different from a tt

No not really, i don't want to put too many miles on my TT because when my security clearence comes through, it'll be a long drive there and back everyday.

Plus, i am starting to think that my turbo's are beginning to have issue's and also, i just want the same Supra driving experience and i can use my TT

for shows and meets only...

I had an NA Auto run around this year, paid less than 2K for it and was a very nice relaxed drive, however it was not very practical as a second car to another Supra and I sold it on, insurance is an issue also on an NA second policy, it is worth getting some quotes before you buy

No i have been thinking that too. I have had a quote from sky which i thought was very good...

I wouldn't say a supra is cheap for a runabout....wouldn't have thought much in cost wise each month to run to be honest....

Yeh you are right but there is less to go wrong.

In everyone's opinion, do you think it would be best just to buy any old run around (reliable car of course though)

I road tested this N/A today:

The top one at the top of the thread, the £3500.00 silver Supra...

I was quite impressed until i started spotting things. For it's age, i suppose it wasn't too bad, all four wheels were kerbed, stone chips, a few scuffs here and there,

paint fade on the driver's side rear quarter panel.

The headlights weren't yellow which was suprising but had rusting around the ring of the driver's side headlight.

Also, the interior was full leather, had cracks in the leather, the handbrake was worn and the steering wheel was well worn - too much for my liking...

I went for a road test with the Supe with the aerotop on and off. I thought it drove very well but the dealer wouldn't budge from £3500.00 -

tbh, i don't think it was worth that much considering a few issues i spotted - mechanical;

A knocking noise from what sounded like the steering rack

A bit of oil which was caked a bit underneath the engine.

Other than that, very clean, tidy supe. I would say it was worth £3000 maximum.

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

I road tested this N/A today:

The top one at the top of the thread, the £3500.00 silver Supra...

I was quite impressed until i started spotting things. For it's age, i suppose it wasn't too bad, all four wheels were kerbed, stone chips, a few scuffs here and there,

paint fade on the driver's side rear quarter panel.

The headlights weren't yellow which was suprising but had rusting around the ring of the driver's side headlight.

Also, the interior was full leather, had cracks in the leather, the handbrake was worn and the steering wheel was well worn - too much for my liking...

I went for a road test with the Supe with the aerotop on and off. I thought it drove very well but the dealer wouldn't budge from £3500.00 -

tbh, i don't think it was worth that much considering a few issues i spotted - mechanical;

A knocking noise from what sounded like the steering rack

A bit of oil which was caked a bit underneath the engine.

Other than that, very clean, tidy supe. I would say it was worth £3000 maximum.

Run away mate. 57k miles does not wear the steering wheel, does not produce cracked leather. Handbrakes do not wear very much on autos as we don't use them much. It sounds clocked.

Run away mate. 57k miles does not wear the steering wheel, does not produce cracked leather. Handbrakes do not wear very much on autos as we don't use them much. It sounds clocked.

Yeh, i had one of those feelings that told me it wasn't right...

With the wear on the seats, steering wheel and the handbrake, auto gear selecter, i would probably think it had around the 100,000 mile mark not 60,000

like the dealer said...:rolleyes:

I mean my supe has got 86k but has absoulutely no where near the amount of wear in comparison!

Yeh, i had one of those feelings that told me it wasn't right...

With the wear on the seats, steering wheel and the handbrake, auto gear selecter, i would probably think it had around the 100,000 mile mark not 60,000

like the dealer said...:rolleyes:

I mean my supe has got 86k but has absoulutely no where near the amount of wear in comparison!

That's right mate. Mine is mint, no wear anywhere. Driver and passenger seats look identical too.

bought my na auto 6 weeks ago,1993,black,55,000 miles, 12 months mot, 6 months tax, just had service, total std, imported less than a year ago, no silly fog lamp hanging off the bk lol £2495 (was advertised for £2795) worth every penny i think as its clean

I see where your coming from if you have set your heart on keeping the supra thing why not go for an aristo? same engines but I would imagine they are a much comfier drive

Nah, tbh, i love the Supra too much but i have already been told that i am stupid for wanting to get another one!

What's wrong with a Nissan Micra the girlfriend says...lol...:rolleyes:

bought my na auto 6 weeks ago,1993,black,55,000 miles, 12 months mot, 6 months tax, just had service, total std, imported less than a year ago, no silly fog lamp hanging off the bk lol £2495 (was advertised for £2795) worth every penny i think as its clean

Nice one matey...:)

whats wrong with this one? tiny haggle and sell the skirts and you could be looking at a sub £3K manual?

Does look very nice i must admit...:)

Mate, I'm selling mine! a 1995 Silver Auto NA, 73 k on the clock....I'd sell it to you for £2300!....

Nothing wrong with it apart from maybe the Calipers stick a little....but thats it!

Check it out on Auto Trader, its on there for £2499....but I'll knock you £200 off as you are on here and for calipers.

Its a shame, been sat there a week now....I bought a new car last Saturday.....I really didn't want to sell it, but need must. :(

What do you think. ;)

Ik

Edited by Ikari (see edit history)

Oh...its totally standard apart from a HKS Super Dragger from the front cat bak....

Runs perfectly, Engine is in great condition as I've keep on top of the servicing.

:)

Ik

Edited by Ikari (see edit history)