The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just fitted dump valve - argh

V

Just got an HKS SSQV with fitting kit.

Thought it should take 15mins + a couple of unknowns, say 20mins tops.

B0ll0cks. the fixing bracket was naff. had to file it down loads so as not to press/cut into the casting to fix to. then resprayed it. Hair dryed it for faster drying and left it in the airing cupboard - a few hours later and goes to bolt it on.

I reckon it took just as long to put this bent bit of steel on as it did for every thing else. had to loosen the IC pipe to fit in.

Lost track of how long it took to fit but a damn sight longer than 20mins.

BUT it sounds lovely - could do with being a bit louder though.

I'm running totally standard apart from cat back, so will it get louder the more boost i run??

Cheers for listening:baa:

SV

:cool: I paid Leon a visit today to get an induction kit fitted but they had the non vvti one so thought it would be rude to leave without a purchase and opted for the hks ssqv also..Was fitted before I had finished paying for it...very pleased with the sound as its not silly loud and should help prolong the life of the turbos..Back again next week for induction then full de cat and boost controller...glad his place isn't local would cost me a fortune..great blokes and won't use anyone else now..excellent service with loads of help and advice:cool: ..I was told it was easy to fit but thought I would leave it to someone who knows..lol

Originally posted by V

Just got an HKS SSQV with fitting kit.

Thought it should take 15mins + a couple of unknowns, say 20mins tops.

B0ll0cks. the fixing bracket was naff. had to file it down loads so as not to press/cut into the casting to fix to. then resprayed it. Hair dryed it for faster drying and left it in the airing cupboard - a few hours later and goes to bolt it on.

I reckon it took just as long to put this bent bit of steel on as it did for every thing else. had to loosen the IC pipe to fit in.

Lost track of how long it took to fit but a damn sight longer than 20mins.

BUT it sounds lovely - could do with being a bit louder though.

I'm running totally standard apart from cat back, so will it get louder the more boost i run??

Cheers for listening:baa:

SV

Show us a close up piccy then mate. Where did you mount it?

Originally posted by Supragal

Damn it! This is the one I've gone for- need it to be able to handle the power so didn't have a lot of choice- what do you mean it's not loud :(

Booo :cry:

It is noisey, the more boost you run the more noise it makes... and if you are pulling in a high gear for ages. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :) I'm running stock PSI and I can hear if after every shift on boost.

Originally posted by Supragal

Damn it! This is the one I've gone for- need it to be able to handle the power so didn't have a lot of choice- what do you mean it's not loud :(

Booo :cry:

I thought it was going to sound a lot louder, but i am standard at the mo.

It still makes people look as its not the usual dump noise.

You can easliy hear it over the radio at low volume - its just i wanted LOUD. I think because its also very quick comparied with a pppsssssttttt, unless you do a really woosy throttle lift off:D then it goes on for a couple of seconds if you want.

AND it looks the nuts.

Is there any problem with moving it nearer the front somewhere with a hard pipe?

Regards

SV

PS. Pictures on the way.

PPS. Induction in box ready to be fitted too (but ive got a dodgy sensor ive got to look after).........and my HIDs & my Eye brows & i've just some bigger injectors.

Stu,

I've got a RAM universal one. its BIG & sounded nice B4, its come from my old car (Prelude)

I've some Samco pipes and looks like it will drop in nicely, but i've got to make a plate up the sensor just after the OEM filter box.

Cheers

SV

Hi,

I have a HKS SSQV on my car too. I have to say it's 'quite loud' but not as loud as I've had on previous cars (mr2 turbo).

I have one cat removed, a K&N induction kit and an RSR exhaust on mine.

I'll see if it makes a great deal of difference after the second cat is removed and the boost is upped to 1.2bar :thumbs:

Paul.