The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to find manual 6spd Gearbox

Lurch

I have a mint 6speed(no stupid short-shifters,still shifts like stock e.t.c), but its still attached to the car, and the car aint far from running, so dont know whether to break or just sell it whole, covered 55k miles, 3gear box oil changes in the last 11K,

I wouldnt let it go for less than 2.5K, but thats me, breakers may charge slightly less, but you dont know what your getting, and I doubt anyone else will be insane enough to break a low mileage 6spd unless its been a write off

I have a mint 6speed(no stupid short-shifters,still shifts like stock e.t.c), but its still attached to the car, and the car aint far from running, so dont know whether to break or just sell it whole, covered 55k miles, 3gear box oil changes in the last 11K,

I wouldnt let it go for less than 2.5K, but thats me, breakers may charge slightly less

:rlol:

£2500 for a second hand gearbox?! You're having a laugh, aren't you?

Lurch,

Kylestt, a trader on this forum has recently supplied a brand new 6sp gearbox to Gaz1 for £2800 inc delivery etc. That's BRAND NEW.

the v160 is the same as the v161
No it isn't.

From what ive herd its about 2 to 3 grand plus fitting if you do find one, the 5 speed are easier to find than the 6 speed getrag

I think you might be getting confused with the cost of having a manual gearbox fitted into an auto car.

the v160 is the same as the v161 its just the newer model..

You've got to ask the question, why was a newer model introduced? :blink: It's not like a car registration plate.

It's obviously not the same.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

:rlol:

Lurch,

Kylestt, a trader on this forum has recently supplied a brand new 6sp gearbox to Gaz1 for £2800 inc delivery etc. That's BRAND NEW.

No it isn't.

Matt at AFR can do it cheaper than Kylesett i believe...:)

:blink:

No, it's true that's what Matt said. I mentioned to Matt that i would be after a new gearbox and Paul Whiffin charges £2500.00. Matt said that he could probably

get one cheaper from the guy in the states he uses.

So, if Matt can get a 6 speed 'box for less than £2500, that would beat Kylesett and Paul Whiffin...

This may well be true due to his links with TTE ;)

TTE??

No, why?

Personally I'd rather pay the extra few hundred quid for a gearbox of low mileage and from a member than a scrap yard, as I said, I wouldnt let mine go for less than £2500 but I'm not actively selling it

Similar to previous members paying slightly over the odds for a mint 6speed from a known member(yes you) than buying from an unknown:rolleyes:

£2500 just for the box rip off fella like many people have said paul can do a brand new gearbox for £2500 with no miles on in so why would someone buy a second hand one for the same price with miles on it??:rolleyes:I love this site how members on here just wnt to help others out and rip them off as much as possible makes me laugh, i have given stuff away before just to help other members but this spirt is dying fast!!!

Guys like you make me laugh!

What so someone invests a tenner and automatically expects people to be overly charitable because they have a common purchase/interest?

FFS, have you seen my for sale thread? Does it look as if I'm trying to rip members off by supplying Brand New in Box parts for way less than I bought them for only weeks ago, some still on their way from suppliers???

If anyone has been ripped off its me, but I've not came on the forum complaining that I've spent 23K on parts alone and will be lucky to get 15K back have I?

hypothetically, if I want to sell my Supra for £30K its really none of anyones business other than me and the person willing to buy, I dont know what land you are from but money needs to be earned around here, and I'm not in the business of losing thousands(of which I already have done) on buying new parts and selling them off at a loss - mostly major

I feel my box is mint and worth 2.5K, show me a full receipt of a purchase from Paul Whiffin with VAT, and a Receipt from Kyle with delivery and Duty Fees on top and perhaps I'll lower to the right person if only ever so slightly,

Think people should start doing their homework around here before spouting off any bull$&*t, but then after 22K or so posts they really should know better:rolleyes:

If not then perhaps a definition of a Forum Rip Off needs to be plastered across every forum section just to make it clear, because from where I'm standing it bewilders me to think how you came to that conclusion

No, why?

Personally I'd rather pay the extra few hundred quid for a gearbox of low mileage and from a member than a scrap yard, as I said, I wouldnt let mine go for less than £2500 but I'm not actively selling it

Similar to previous members paying slightly over the odds for a mint 6speed from a known member(yes you) than buying from an unknown:rolleyes:

I take it you are talking about me? how is £6750 over the odds for a clean TT6 with only 30k?...... show me another.

hypothetically, if I want to sell my Supra for £30K its really none of anyones business other than me and the person willing to buy.

Exactly, so why are you bringing me and Jake into this?

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I wasnt bringing YOU into this, that supra WAS/IS mint, I've stated that in previous posts, but it was standard, if I use Jakes attitude on products for sale(or even speculation as this was!) than I would compare your car to another 6speed manual on ebay probably priced at 5K??

The fact is Jake on this occasion, wanted to demonstrate his forum might and influence by jumping straight in and shooting down what was a speculative valuation of my gearbox, not just mildly either, without obtaining any further information

Joe Bloggs above takes it upon his will to then inform the rest of the forum that its laiden with Rip Off's, I may start a thread pretty soon and inform all that its laiden with forum bitches but most us all know that anyway!

ive been offerent multiple 2nd hand 6 speed boxes at more than 2500 from various people/traders on here at different times. Howerver this was before people started offering them new. Now people have started selling them from new i wouldnt get a 2nd hand as people are selling them at more or less the same price still.