The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing car to UK

Nic

I may be leaving HK and coming back to Blighty in the near future and was thinking about shipping my Supra back. Anybody happen to know roughly what the shipping cost would be and also what the proceedure is to get an imported car registered there?

cheers

I imported a car from malaysia,shipping was about £500 for a container,quite easy really no taxes to pay if you have owned it for 6 months, registration in the uk not a problem,yes there are forms to submit, but not rocket science,suprisingly easy:) there can be a few problems with tyre specs,and "E" marking for cars not sold in europe,but at worst you just get a Q plate as kit cars do

Nic,

Drop me an e mail, I am also in Hong Kong and have all the details you need. I've checked this out recently so I can forward you the e mails from the shipping agents i spoke with.

Look forward to hearing from you.