The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone is going to pay!!!

supraspeed

Finally got my car back last week- after spending around 6k on it since i got taken out in it 6 months ago- and before that a Getrag 5spd (was told it fitted a supra fine and was strong) was fitted as the last gearbox went (dodgy box-not from a supra). so all in all ive owned the car for around a year-and only driven it 4 weeks of that!!! Coming down the A405 when the same sound as last time the gearbox went starts to grind and crunch- i loose all drive and pull over and get recovered eventually. the car reverses fine but starts making noises moving forward- gearbox goes into all gears but only tried in 1st and reverse. I am absolutly boiling over with rage right now as if it does turn out to be the gear box fucked then the people who installed it are going to pay!!! The car has only done 100 miles since it was fitted- was told it was as strong as a 6 speed and was fine. i feel like ive been fucked from all sides here- nothing goes right!!! :bang:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my car back last week- after spending around 6k on it since i got taken out in it 6 months ago- and before that a Getrag 5spd (was told it fitted a supra fine and was strong) was fitted as the last gearbox went (dodgy box-not from a supra). so all in all ive owned the car for around a year-and only driven it 4 weeks of that!!! Coming down the A405 when the same sound as last time the gearbox went starts to grind and crunch- i loose all drive and pull over and get recovered eventually. the car reverses fine but starts making noises moving forward- gearbox goes into all gears but only tried in 1st and reverse. I am absolutly boiling over with rage right now as if it does turn out to be the gear box fucked then the people who installed it are going to pay!!! The car has only done 100 miles since it was fitted- was told it was as strong as a 6 speed and was fine. i feel like ive been fucked from all sides here- nothing goes right!!! :bang:

I suppose now's not a good time to say mind your language old bean.

Sorry to hear of your troubles though.

What a f*ck#n p!ss5r.

i thaught the filter filtered it out? unless you turn it off?

What box ave you got fitted? and what are you running? A single conversion on an NA or a TT?

You said you were told the box was as strong as a 6 speed? So if its not a 6 speed i guess its the NA 5 speed or maybe the 5 speed from a soarer (i forget the model now)

I doubt any of them would take the torque of a single conversion. The NA's 5 speed has been known to blow on small singles on an NA. So whoever told you the 5 is as strong as the 6... hum... sounds like bull to me.

A1 Transmissions. they were useless! i had to get a new propshaft and a few other important bits cos they said they couldn't get them after 3 months of waiting! i got them after 5 minutes online lol. The 5 speed box they said wasn't off a supra- they said it was as strong as a 6 speed and was certain it was a Getrag box even after much dissagreement with me of one in existance. anyway they said it would fit straight in and as i assumed they wouldnt keep pressing on this issue of the box's power wise i let them fit it. either way if it is the box i'm holding them utterly liable!

i do :p was told by one of are very own traders

Then it must be right then :confused:

But the facts in linked thread would say not. Still if people want to 1/2th do a job then its there choice. I certainly wouldn't. The question you have to ask is if they hold that BHP why did Toyota fit a different box to the TT

Then it must be right then :confused:

But the facts in linked thread would say not. Still if people want to 1/2th do a job then its there choice. I certainly wouldn't. The question you have to ask is if they hold that BHP why did Toyota fit a different box to the TT

good question, and yes i don't know the answer but i'm sure there are plenty on Na-TT out there running more than your claimed 300

either way i really hope it turns out to be a clutch or flywheel...something not as expensive...they fitted the clutch and was told it was an upgraded one- feels like a twin plate but not sure of the make. but now i think either buy a 6 speed box or i'l sell it. ive really had enough of putting my hand in my pocket. problem is whos going to buy a n/a-single with not gearbox for anything near its value or the amount ive spent on it- i spent so much so i cud keep it, not sell. my life sucks :(