The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Snow Mode" ROCKS!

FaithStalker

Having been forced to drive the Supra through thick snow on country lanes this morning i have to say that snow mode on stock traction control ROCKS

thinking i could handle it i gently pulled away off the drive......no slip lights :-)

first stop at junction to turn left

slip lights :-(

SLIP ON

went round the twisty half wet half ice roads to get to the train station with "snow mode" and its just cool,

its like the car has no turbo's

no accidental pushing the pedal away from roundabouts, junctions etc

I LOVE IT!!!!

my only problem is now, after doing some lovelly parking on the ice at the Station, where i left my Supra is in direct line of the bend at a bottom of a hill for the car-park's entrance

i fear i may get back to it tonight with a Ford Fiesta wedged in my stock bumper :-( :-(

Ahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!h ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

basically Mr R if you slip sooooo much that the SLIP CONT

green light stays lit, then thats "SNOW MODE"

and as stated before - power is cut all the time quite dramatically until your turn off slip cont and then back on again !

its bloody bloody safe !

i really need to get RLTC. ive just got in from work and im never driving in snow again. even static in queue of traffic, in 2nd on autobox and foot on brake, the back end flipped around 90 degrees. every time i even touched the accelerator the back end flipped out, so i had to come home in 2nd ticking over.

very scary

I drove mine in this morning, only light snow but no Grit on side roads as per usual, the arse end was all over. Lucky it was early and not much around.

Saw it out there tonight and thought sod that, like you I only live a mile or so away.

Paul

OMG! i just got back from Dudes after having a full service and other bits and it snowed all the way back home, thing was i only live around 30 miles away from dudes and the traction was fine driving back, even overtook a few cars but it was a completely different story 500 meters away from my home! traction light was going mad, then snow light kept coming on! my road was completely full of snow, and the supra just could not grip anywhere, i was basically sliding all over the place! i've no idea if RLTC would've helped but i am kinda tempted to get one after the experience i've had, thank god im back home and managed to park up safely...

Great job dude, air con is working a treat, obviously I've not had the chance to test the brakes yet, now i've got the braded brake lines installed.

just out of interest, how much would RLTC cost including installation? im guessing in the region of 500 quid?

Originally posted by osso

OMG! i just got back from Dudes after having a full service and other bits and it snowed all the way back home, thing was i only live around 30 miles away from dudes and the traction was fine driving back, even overtook a few cars but it was a completely different story 500 meters away from my home! traction light was going mad, then snow light kept coming on! my road was completely full of snow, and the supra just could not grip anywhere, i was basically sliding all over the place! i've no idea if RLTC would've helped but i am kinda tempted to get one after the experience i've had, thank god im back home and managed to park up safely...

Great job dude, air con is working a treat, obviously I've not had the chance to test the brakes yet, now i've got the braded brake lines installed.

just out of interest, how much would RLTC cost including installation? im guessing in the region of 500 quid?

Ask Matt on friday .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by leett

in 2nd on autobox and foot on brake, the back end flipped around 90 degrees. every time i even touched the accelerator the back end flipped out, so i had to come home in 2nd ticking over.

I just had a very similar trip home.

How do you pull away in 2nd in an Auto?

I'd have been stuck in Southampton all night if I didn't

drive home in the snow. I made it home OK, had a couple of brown underpant moments though.

Oh yeah, I was very cautiously doing about 55 on the motorway, on a very light throttle, when a Celica GT4 went flying past me doing about 75-80mph! :respekt:

It had european licence plates on, I guess he was from somewhere it snows a lot more than it does here.