The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my new supra :D :D :D :D :D

3LL

Hey guys, well I picked up my Supra today.

I signed up about a week ago and posted up for some advice about the NA Auto, got lots of good answers that re assured me so I got the car I was looking at! :D

anyways, theres still some stuff i wanna know, like how you delimit the thing, and the easiest way to get rid of the bolt of fog light, how to take off the rubber sil under the bumper, also how do you use the manual mode on an auto box! lol

anyways, had the car about 8 hours but managed to take a few pics before the daylight faded.. so here she is..

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8505/28092008516vy3.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9978/28092008517qm5.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6660/28092008514ft9.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car. You see where it says manual mode in blue? Click that

nope, thought might have something like that but i cant see it! lol

i did consult the instruction book, however its japaenese! lol

Wire your fog light into your rear lights Should be a " How to " post on here somewhere...

Yeah found it now :D cheers, ill have a read soo how i do it!

there are a few things im looking at doing, i dont kno how they got that far but it has stone chips on the roof, lots of little white dots, and also it gets to 115mph [im told ;)] and it brops back down the revs although its only at around 3700 rpm!

The guy who had it was smashin bloke, and he gave me a big folder of receipts and history on the car, its been dyno'd at 246bhp, but i dont think any performance mods have been done to is aside from the exhaust!

Im curious what else i can do to it to get more out of it, over time of course! :)

thanks for the nice comments guys, looks like im gonna be in these pages for a wee' while to come! :)

Nice motor. :)

Good point. Mods, there's no link to follow on the manual mode hotlink, even though it says there should be.

It works for me :search:
Where it says "Follow the link below", is there one? I've just got a smilie there.

Edit. Ah, I see you have to click on the hotlink, not just hover over it. :)

Maybe but lets not burst his bubble just yet .

Not my intention but a sense of reality may be in order.

Besides, dyno figures mean nothing unless they're being compared to some other readings from the same dyno.

As long as it feels quick to him, that's what matters :cool:

feels quick compared to a Corsa GSI, and £1450 which is what i traded for it. TBH I have to confess i dont know the validily of the dyno printout, i got a massive folder of paperwork with the car, everything from receipts for alarms, import, mot's, tax paperwork, exhaust paperwork etc.. a lot of the stuff goes as far back as japanese paperwork too although im not to sure what that stuff actually is! lol

All i know is the prinout has the reg of the car on it and its a dyno readout. ill pop a picture on in a sec :)

Im def not boasting bout it.. im just happy with my new motor thats all :)

Yeah i think i may keep that aero spoiler on it too! i actually like the look of it tbh now have had a decent look around the car, the only part i DO want to sort is de restricting it, as it does feel limited once you get to 115 mph it drops down to 110mph and keeps doin it [never been in a limited car before tbh, so im assuming this is normal for a restricted ecu?]

anyways, heres a snapshot of the printout, weather its real or not i dunno, its prob not, but even so.. im happy with my motor! :)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/684/29092008520if0.jpg

Really glad I took the advice of you guys on here and went for it, i was a bit iffy with it been an auto, but im pretty impressed overall :D

Thanks everyone for your time and advice :)

Edited by 3LL (see edit history)