The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone got a AEM water injection kit?

JamieP

I tried everywhere at the front of the car and it wont fit, i dont want it in the boot really, think ill just use the windscreen washer bottle now.

Edit: just remembered i have to move/lose the washer bottle when the big inlet is fitted, looks like the boot is my only option then.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Trick - thats a lovely install.....very clean and I really like the green led in the dash - nice touch.

Whats the deal with putting the injector in the throttle side? what about the intercooler side? which one is better.

Jamie - what size nozzle will you be using, medium or large?

Jamie

Did you get this fitted already, if so, I would love to see pics of the installation.

How is the kit controlled? Is this automatically hooked to the ECU (say AEM) and then once the temps increase above a certain threshold the water pump is triggered?

imi,

Got a picture for you

Obviously, the pump (where the cansiter thing was), little box in front is the controller, which takes a vac feed. The pipe is plumbed into the TB. The power is taken from the main fuse box, I used a spare slot with the appropiate sized fuse so no messy wires (couldn't do much about the pump wires ;)), and all the wiring if fed into the existing loom.

I also have the warning light in the dash, I modified my L/H cluster with a custom warning light, which is a blue "WI" - if you want I'll take a pic of that. The tank is mounted in the boot, next to the boot light, with the water pipe and water level sensor down the passengers side of the car.

wi.jpg

that was a quick response.....what about the question about positioning of the pump - would it be ok if i mount it close to the brake reservoir (you have a black box in that area - maybe your alarm siren).

Cant see why not, just put some heat shielding around it if you think it might get too hot..