The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re-Chroming alloys, Help!!

Beefyblx

There is a place near West Brom that does chroming, but I cant remember the name. I'll see if I can find the details, or PM colsoop as he used to use them. I presume you got those double sixes that were up for sale recently - if you find anywhere, post up some pics when they're done as the chrome on mine is starting to go and i cant decide weather to get them rechromed or just powdercoat them.

Looked at getting my old wheels re-chromed a year or two ago. I can't remember where I got the quote I'm afraid but for each wheel, which are ITC Vadel Sebrings (Rays Eng.) split rims, they wanted around £200 a wheel, due to the complexity of the process. Most places told me it would not be cost effective and that they would not guarantee the quality of the finish or balance of the wheel.

I opted for new wheels!!

Looked at getting my old wheels re-chromed a year or two ago. I can't remember where I got the quote I'm afraid but for each wheel, which are ITC Vadel Sebrings (Rays Eng.) split rims, they wanted around £200 a wheel, due to the complexity of the process. Most places told me it would not be cost effective and that they would not guarantee the quality of the finish or balance of the wheel.

I opted for new wheels!!

£200 a wheel!!!!!! i should be getting a quote back from wheels in motion tomorrow so I'll let u know the price of that

You will struggle to find anybody who would be able to chrome the alloys. It seems that in the uk there aren't many chromers that can A. chrome aluminium properly and B. have tanks that are able to cope with the width of big wheels, my old chromer couldn't handle the width, length was no problem also certain wheel types will sop proper chrome coverage.

If you were going to chrome wheels you really need to have them show chromed, again not something i have seen in the uk.

Polish them and lacqueur them or go down the powdercoat route is my advice !