The mkiv Supra Owners Club

few problems

wewsupra

i have a supra na/tt 318bhp

but ive got no cats on it,i got apexi induction kit,bov,hks fd

should i be kickin more power.

plus i got boost gauge and every gear from 2 upwards the boost controller gets up to 0.5-0.6 bar

but in first the boost gauge dont even move much,should it ?

plus i keep gettin black smoke out of exhaust and its doing my head makes car look old {if you get me}

Your boost controller is more than likely wrong as standard boost is more than that, is it a cheap one? You should be pulling more power than that but as said if you havent got a restrictor ring fitted you will be boosting way more than that and probably fitting fuel cut.

As for the black smoke thats not normally a problem it might just need a good blast, how long has the engine been fitted?

Does the car pull strong?

Have you got anything controlling the boost?

Your boost controller is more than likely wrong as standard boost is more than that, is it a cheap one? You should be pulling more power than that but as said if you havent got a restrictor ring fitted you will be boosting way more than that and probably fitting fuel cut.

As for the black smoke thats not normally a problem it might just need a good blast, how long has the engine been fitted?

Does the car pull strong?

Have you got anything controlling the boost?

i have not got a boost controller just a gauge

black smoke a pain lol and i do give it a good blast{but only on weekends cars not driven in week}

engine has been in around 2-3 months

car pulls strong ,

i put my foot down and boost gauge goes up to 0.5{no more than that}

plus i might be daft saying this but whats a restrictor ring

Is it a manual or auto... The only way to REALLY tell what the true power is, is to put it on an engine dyno. Yes some rolling roads are accurate however it is also down to the operator's knowledge on gearbox drag and that sort of thing. Hence most people in the know only quote RWHP and not imaginary FWHP.

its a manaul

maybe a uprated fuel pump will help ?

How? a fuel pump shouldn't make any difference WHATSOEVER provided it is up to the correct pressure. Remember your fuel pressure regulator will restrict the flow anyway, provided the pump is up to it, the rest just goes down the return pipe.

just took supra for spin

gear ---boost

1st --- 0.0

2nd --- 0.5

3rd --- 0.6ish {one time up road car made me change gear at 6thous revs it redlined}

4th ---0.6 ish {maybe 0.7ish}

5th run out of road

tried to do 0-60 on a stop watch but kept forgeting to stop the bloody think plus had to watch what i was doing lol i gave up to wet and dangerous

did get a time of 7.25 lol

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

i have not got a boost controller just a gauge

black smoke a pain lol and i do give it a good blast{but only on weekends cars not driven in week}

engine has been in around 2-3 months

car pulls strong ,

i put my foot down and boost gauge goes up to 0.5{no more than that}

plus i might be daft saying this but whats a restrictor ring

a restrictor ring mate puts back pressure on ya turbo. stops it over spooling.