The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU will it fail MOT TEST??

Guest ckuky2k

If I get the full BPU done with restrictor ring in place and a boost controller fitted will my car past its MOT???

Please help as i have read alot in these forum but now one has giving me an straight up answer.

Thanks

1996 RZ twin turbo @344bhp on 0.7bar

you need to post questions like this in the Supra chat section not events that maybe why you are not getting a reply

What you are asking is a bit vague, who knows if your car will pass its MOT, does anyone?, need a bit more detail on what you are worried about, is it emmisions ?, if so taking away the CATS will make it a close call, some pass some dont, you can always put the CATS back in for the MOT, I have never had an issue on full decat with the MOT tester

yes i am worry about emmision on the MOT nmothing else. i want to do the bpu but if it failed the MOT emission then it no point in me doing it that why i need to get this verified.

My Supe passed MOT on full BPU.

From the moment on I switched to stand alone ECU, I have to alter the parameters (through laptop) on the parking of the MOT facility to drop CO values ... otherwise, I don't pass

Ooooooooo look at mister lardy dar with his fancy laptop and stand alone ecu:tongue: :D

hahaha I have seen load of thread stating near the 400bhp mark with the full bpu done james... so why are you saying only around 340 after bpu???

Ah i have got the Mot sorted it will pass thanks to my mate at the mot centre hehehe a bottle of brandy will pass it which is worth it.

now i need to know where i can get the decat done. Can anyone tell me is it a bold on part of i will have to find a place to manufacture the 2 decat pipe??

i know envy performance supply the 1.2 bar restrictor ring but i can't find the de-cat pipe anywhere.

please help.

hahaha I have seen load of thread stating near the 400bhp mark with the full bpu done james... so why are you saying only around 340 after bpu???

I think the 340bhp he quoted would be at the wheels.

His old supra made 320bhp with trd pannel filter 2nd decat and cat back exhaust running stock boost. Thats why your 340bhp sounds a little inflated.

As for the decats i belive envy can supply them.

I do not know whay you are laughing. The Supra (UK Spec) had 326bhp when it rolled out the factory. J-Spec cars had anywhere between 300-326bhp when they rolled out the factory.

yes on stock boost. have a cat back exhaust, front intercooler, and induction that probably why its got 344 proven by dyno demon.

Lets go through your mod list again.

You have a cat back with with both cats still in (I presume). A catback will not see give you big gains as you still have both cats in place and as you have probably read the stock cats are very restrictive.

You also have a FMIC fitted, this may see you a small gain, appx maybe 10bhp (ish). (maybe more with better mods.)

You also have an induction kit, unless you have it properly heat sheilded then is probably decreasing your engines performance due the heat coming from the engine. As the stock airbox offers far better induction than an aftermarket one.

Ooooooooo look at mister lardy dar with his fancy laptop and stand alone ecu:tongue: :D

Well ... it's that or driving it illegally on the road :( . Having had a chat with guys who run stand alones too, they have the same problem (high CO values) ... so I guess MOT and stand alone's won't go together :D