The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evening all

Guest barclay03

Guest barclay03

Evening all, thought id chuck up a newbie post :D

Im Craig, stay in Glasgow, and considering getting myself a supra :cool: Always been a fan of them and definetly one of the best looking cars ive saw (just my opinion!), ive got some cash comming my way from a car crash last year and deciding to treat myself! :D... only problems being im just turning 21 and have a 5 month old son, so its hard to convince the mrs of my choice... :lol: :taped:

I think im opting for a N/A manual, love the aerotop but read the review PDF thing on the range, and also with having no luck trying to find one, im looking at the hard tops :cool: already ran insurance prices, and as im currently driving a 3.0 MV6 omega, theres only pennies of a diference! :D

Anyway... quite a long newbie post for me :lol: but just thought id say Hi to everyone! ;)

Welcome along mate, another scot on board.

Only advice I'd say is make sure your insurance company are covering you for an import as all n/a's are imports.

Also, the reason you'll be struggling to find a manual aero is that there aren't any unless they've been converted at a later date.

Go with the drivers choice anyway mate...hard top all the way!

Good luck with the search.

Ian

Guest barclay03

cheers for the welcome guys :D

cheers ian, yea... i read that in the pdf after i searched everywhere lol the insruance quote i ran was for an import thinking theyd tell me where to put it, but it came back with almost no difference to my omega :D

Guest barclay03

jonah - yea, ive had a wee nosey through there, some lovely cars, especially that black one!

sean - im in castlemilk if you know it? close to EK/rutherglen/busby etc. i had a shop about and most of the companies we're giving ridiculous prices, that quote was with bell (who im currently with), main reason im with them is for the 3rd party extension option as i drive all the families cars :lol: edit- ran a quick quote through elephant and bell and it seems theyre the same company :lol: both come in at same price (£300 more than the n/a)... tis tempting, shame i only have about £4500 to get the car! :( lol

Edited by barclay03 (see edit history)

jonah - yea, ive had a wee nosey through there, some lovely cars, especially that black one!

sean - im in castlemilk if you know it? close to EK/rutherglen/busby etc. i had a shop about and most of the companies we're giving ridiculous prices, that quote was with bell (who im currently with), main reason im with them is for the 3rd party extension option as i drive all the families cars :lol: edit- ran a quick quote through elephant and bell and it seems theyre the same company :lol: both come in at same price (£300 more than the n/a)... tis tempting, shame i only have about £4500 to get the car! :( lol

i thot it would of been the insurance with me mate but they were coming in pretty much the same price so i just went for a TT. i was getting quoted ridiculous prices n all mate but i just settled with the least ridiculous price lol....worth every penny mate trust me

aye i know where you are

get saving the cash n get urself a gd one then....i went down to manchester to get mine...guy had took gd care of it tho so worth the trip :D